asked before but first poo after episiotomy/stitches?

(33 Posts)
yuletopian99 Sat 29-Dec-12 11:01:16

That's it really! Terrified!

Told it's only a small cut but the whole area feels swollen, stiff and NOT what you'd want for going to the loo...

Any advice/tips hugely well received..

QueenofNightmares Sun 30-Dec-12 13:14:49

Please don't be afraid to go and be put off by it when I had DD I was 17 and had no idea about piles/constipation I didn't go for 3 weeks and when I did it was like a coke can in all aspects. I was having to hold the loo roll holder for support and was sobbing. I just realize it was wrong not to go for so long. This time around I'll be eating lots of fruit and drinking lots of water, So my advice is don't put it off.

yuletopian99 Tue 01-Jan-13 05:03:38

Thanks for all the responses! Far far tmi but managed it yesterday, after taking pots of lactulose/dried fruit and using folded pad as suggested it wasn't as awfully painful as I'd feared. Probably the most cautious poo I've had for a long time though...
Think it helped that i asked the community mw where and what exactly my cut & stitches were, so knew it wasn't say a 3rd degree tear to deal with, which gave me confidence.

yuletopian99 Tue 01-Jan-13 05:04:18

P.s. Happy New Year! (on that note!)

sparklekitty Tue 01-Jan-13 11:45:52

Laculose, lots of water, hold a maternity pad on the stitches and take your time. Took me 5 days to work up the courage!

Glicerine suppositories

tobytoes Tue 01-Jan-13 12:07:24

Its not that bad..i had the same and the thought of going is worse than actually going. I had fybogel which seemed to soften everything up......nice i know.hehe.xx

Youaresoright Wed 02-Jan-13 14:36:25

Well done OP! After my second baby I had the mantra 'don't think just poo' (and made sure I kept up the lactulose stuff) rather than getting all scared thinking about it and putting it off for days.

mummy2lola Thu 03-Jan-13 21:50:20

I was terrified about the first post-episiotomy poo, but actually I just sat there and breathed like I was in labour, which helped!!!! It meant I couldn't get any more piles and I didn't have to strain. Felt great after the first one, and far less scary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now