Some words of encouragement. Please!

(6 Posts)
inadreamworld Sat 05-Jan-13 09:34:33

Get checked to see if your waters are leaking. If they are you will probably go into labour naturally soon. But if you don't they will induce you after 24 hours. So either way you will hopefully be meeting your baby very soon. Good luck smile

babyperks Thu 27-Dec-12 09:59:23

Thanks guys. I'm just losing so much hope, starting to doubt whether this baby will ever come! Everyone that could stay with me all have young kids/babies, so that's not really going to make me feel better, just more depressed! And I think me and my mum would just get on each others nerves.
I really can't see mw doing any examinations on me to be honest. Which is really annoying!
I'm going to go for a little walk in a bit and have a little tidy up, see if that works. But I really can't see it!

getoutofit Thu 27-Dec-12 09:47:59

My waters went at 39 weeks exactly and midwife came out and confirmed it and took swabs. The next day she came back and examined me and I was 3cm dilated and baby was low and ready to go so she had a little sweep and contractions started a couple of hours later, midwives came back nd baby came quickly after that. Get checked out then you'll know where you are and what's going on. Good luck!

diddlediddledumpling Thu 27-Dec-12 09:42:59

Nearly there! Just keep saying, nearly there! You don't really need someone to give you hope, because biology dictates that you'll meet your baby soon. Put your feet up, read a good book and nap. Last time for a while!

xkcdfangirl Thu 27-Dec-12 09:40:23

sounds grim but whatever happens won't last for long - and it will all be worth it in the end.

I don't think you should be alone for days while you wait for things to get going - do you have a sister, mum or best friend who could come and be with you while DP has to work?

Keeping active is good, will help your little one to get into position, but otherwise just try to relax, you can't make things happen any quicker or slower really.

babyperks Thu 27-Dec-12 09:27:37

I'm 39 weeks pregnant today but have been getting period cramps since week 36. Pains have been worse over the last week, especially this morning! DP left for work at half 5 this morning and I haven't been able to sleep since due to bad back ache, stomach tightenings and yes, more period pains!
Came downstairs at about half 7 to get on yoga ball, and felt my trousers get slightly wet. Just got off the phone to the delivery suite and mw said it's probably just watery discharge, but to ring them back in a couple of hours. Seem to get more trickle out with baby's movements.

Reason for this post is I'm just so fed up with the false starts, been a big crying mess this morning. I know something is .happening, I just need something to kick start it all. I'm tired of being pregnant, fed up of looking like a hippo and I'm just ready to be a mum.

I'm just hoping there is someone out there that can give me some kind of hope. Please!

Thanks. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now