False starts...

(10 Posts)
Mammy2Be Tue 25-Dec-12 18:00:15

Amazing news. Big congrats to you Daffy

Welovecouscous Tue 25-Dec-12 17:09:02

Congratulations!!! smile

DaffyDuck88 Tue 25-Dec-12 17:06:18

Hello! Just to say the false starts stopped! DD arrived on 23rd, perfectly adorable and healthy. I still cant believe I did it...well she did it really. Managed to get myself through to the hospital on hypnobirthing/natal hypnotherapy mediations. Was terrified they would send me home as I wasn't established enough but it turned out I was fully dilated and ready to go! Waters broke as soon as I got into the pool and baby born about 3hrs later.
Lewisham Birth Centre - wow the staff there are tremendous! Absolutely top class support and care, I seriously cannot praise them enough!

yuletopian99 Sun 23-Dec-12 11:10:17

I used that! Worked a charm.. Also been suffering false starts and 8 days over, I feel your pain. Just telling everyone I expect nothing till after Christmas now.

DaffyDuck88 Sat 22-Dec-12 18:29:17

Excellent CBeebies! I shall be using that! grin

Mammy2Be Sat 22-Dec-12 17:07:12

Love that CBeebies
grin

cbeebiesatemybrain Sat 22-Dec-12 14:08:03

Happy birthday and good luck!

It does sound like you are on your way but if you get fed up with calls and texts I can recommend this fab facebook status haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com it gave people enough of a hint to leave me alone! Hopefully you won't need it for long anyway smile

DaffyDuck88 Sat 22-Dec-12 12:18:56

Many thanks for birthday wishes Mammy2Be! Birthday and Christmas are kind of on hold for us really, have relatives visiting but have had to explain no big christmas dinner plans as I will either still be heavily pregnant or exhausted with a brand new baby - but either way, I'm not up for a house full of visitors all day expecting dinner. Not sure how well thats gone down. Thankfully visitors staying nearby, not with us.

My due date was 19th, and its only 22nd now. Guess it's first time jitters, not sure if I'm interrupting the process somehow. Hope not. I'm not nervous about the birth in any way (so far), but I do get anxious if I feel crowded and don't know if thats affecting anything.

I should be grateful for being able to get some sleep really, but everything stops if I lie down. Remaining upright the pains definitely increase.

Time really flies, so enjoy your remaining weeks! I can't believe I'm about to have her so soon and can remember 34 weeks very clearly. I think maybe even just saying you are exhausted from lack of sleep helps, especially if your DP/DH backs you up. Also I have now told close family to contact DP instead for updates for same reason. There may be fallout at some point, but its our time really isn't it? I'm still enjoying the wriggles while I can, just want to get it right and stay calm for both our sakes.

A little bit of fresh air might be just the ticket, just have to find something to cover the bump, am far too big now for my raincoat to close!

best of luck in planning your strategy!

Mammy2Be Sat 22-Dec-12 11:57:12

Hi daffy. Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday thanks
When's your actual due date? I'm due my first and can imagine myself in a very similar position when the time comes - well meaning but overbearing family. Am 34+1 so hoping I still have a few weeks to figure out my approach.

DaffyDuck88 Sat 22-Dec-12 10:51:45

My lovely midwife is all but convinced DD1 will arrive anytime now. Had bit of a show early Thursday morning and lost plug early Friday (apologies if TMI) and have had fairly consistent period like aches since then. A few rounds of distinct pains for a few hours at a time, but nothing that I have really thought of as a contraction or seemed worth timing.
Don't want to rush her or anything, as long as she is healthy she can arrive when it suits her, but am feeling a little ambushed by calls, visitors and texts. My mother is overly anxious and in tears if she doesn't hear from me. I know everyone is just excited and means well but am I awful for wanting to just retreat? Will a bit of peace and quiet help do you think?

My first so not sure if I should be doing anything specific to encourage her along or just ignoring it until its obvious. Miserable out today but am thinking maybe a little walk with mobile switched off might be nice.

If lo arrived today we would share a birthday and after last couple of nights was sure that was her plan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now