confuddledDOTcom in labour at 29 weeks

(90 Posts)
confuddledDOTcom Tue 18-Dec-12 07:30:35

lying in delivery bored! so thought I'd post on MN. I've been getting contractions for a couple of weeks, proper ones they could feel but no fibronectin and cervix was fine. been none stop since, really. normally I become irregularly regular in the early evening, kept awake until about 4am when I fall asleep exhausted. Sunday I woke with them and again Monday. I had decided Monday evening it was time, went to loo and had a show.

positive FFN and 2cm dilated at hospital they started steroids and nif-thingy. transferred quickly (still local) and mw asked them to speed it up as I was starting again. mum said she was being left behind at 70! got here and I was 3cm 3/10. they have prepared the room for him but still talk about my next doses, they've written up a name band with Tuesday's date.

just wish something would happen now either way.

confuddledDOTcom Wed 19-Dec-12 15:11:13

yes, all been early (20, 31, 35 and 34) but this will be the earliest living child.

thanks everyone for your comments smile

pinkpeony4 Wed 19-Dec-12 15:24:06

Good luck!!

sundaesundae Wed 19-Dec-12 18:51:42

Thinking of you confuddled!! xx

OodKingWenceslas Wed 19-Dec-12 18:58:51

Just checking in to say I'm thinking of you.
Baby hang on in there!

Just checking in confuddled and thinking of you x

shieldbug Wed 19-Dec-12 21:13:18

Good luck confuddled. Hope the baby stays put a bit longer.

Good luck confuddled! Will be thinking of you and LO lots thanks

Hope things can hang on just that bit longer to give the steroids a chance.

Hoping for good news soon matey.

Pochemuchka Wed 19-Dec-12 21:22:46

Good luck x

confuddledDOTcom Wed 19-Dec-12 21:22:58

last of the drugs in an hour. I'm expecting a quiet night followed by going into labour in the morning. I think I tried today but then the drugs kicked in. he's quite low now, not sure how dilated because they won't do a VE as they don't want to risk starting me off. I can easily touch him though (shh don't tell them wink) and on Monday they couldn't see him with a speculum (see the tall girls thread from a few weeks ago) so lots of change. I don't want him out early or wish this on him, but I'd just like it all over with now sad

confuddledDOTcom Wed 19-Dec-12 21:24:59

I think even if I go tonight I'll still be over the 48hrs as it won't be quick and I'm sure he won't suffer for an hour.

OodKingWenceslas Wed 19-Dec-12 21:26:13

Good luck!

OodKingWenceslas Wed 19-Dec-12 21:28:18

I've copied over to FB for you

rhondajean Wed 19-Dec-12 21:29:56

Good luck! I went into labour with dd2 at 29 weeks. Had the steroids and held on for three weeks more. I remember how nerve wracking it was.

She's such a healthy little thing now at 8. Just lie there as long as you can - I know it's painful, uncomfortable, stressful and boring, but 48 hours from those injections does wonders.

Are your other three kids okay? I don't know your history sorry, is their dad looking after them, any worries about him getting time of work etc? It all adds to the stress.

Mibby Wed 19-Dec-12 21:30:45

Good luck, hope he stays put a bit longer or you xx

kurlyvoice Wed 19-Dec-12 21:33:26

Thinking of you lots, confuddled, and hoping that he's not too impatient to meet his mummy and can stay in for a bit longer. Thanks for keeping us updated - we're all rooting for you both! x

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 19-Dec-12 23:46:12

Wow! You are so calm! Lots of positive vibes coming your way, take care. xxx

confuddledDOTcom Wed 19-Dec-12 23:55:52

being on the drugs has only slowed it down not stopped it. I'm still dilating, plug is still coming away etc so I don't think he'll go longer, especially with my history, I don't hang around.

the others did amazingly well out of their gestations. onlythe later two got steroids because we were expecting it by then and with the introduction of FFN between we got in earlier. I'mkicking myself for not getting checked over the weekend, I'd probably have bought more time than slowing down early labour. the others are at my parents. Dad had this week off anyway so could cover school runs. my oh is staying with his mum as the hospital I was transferred to is local to her, so we don't have to worry about children (just TAs, which is a current running theme hmm you may have noticed!)

Ebb Thu 20-Dec-12 00:57:47

I know I should be hoping he stays put for a while longer but 20/12/2012 would be a fab birthday........ grin Wishing you all the best.

Startail Thu 20-Dec-12 01:43:32

Good luck

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Thu 20-Dec-12 01:53:07

in labour at 27 weeks...lying in delivery bored

I was shock who is bored when they go into labour at 27 weeks???

this is my 4th time

...went a long way to explaining that!! grin

Hope you get some sleep tonight and have a good birth tomorrow. By the time I get back on here we could well have MiniConfudled!!

Jacksmania Thu 20-Dec-12 03:58:01

Another one here hoping for good news tomorrow (Chipping and I seem to follow each other around late-night threads smile)

OodKingWenceslas Thu 20-Dec-12 08:14:01

Hoping you are both ok this am

sundaesundae Thu 20-Dec-12 08:34:26

Hope you had a good night xx

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Thu 20-Dec-12 15:06:24

We do Jacks, we do smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now