What will happen when I go into labour? Potentially daft question alert!

(26 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Sun 02-Dec-12 11:57:11

This is my first baby so I'm a little clueless really!

I would love it if someone could tell me what will happen as on tv it looks very dramatic, waters break everywhere and next minute the woman is strapped to a bed screaming shock

So what is likely to happen on the day I have my baby? Will I go from minding my business, shopping, cleaning etc to intense contractions?

Sorry if this makes me sound really daft but there's nobody I can really ask in RL without seeming clueless!

cakesonatrain Thu 06-Dec-12 15:25:39

I didn't have a waters breaking moment (midwife never figured out when they went!) and didn't have a show. Never had Braxton Hicks either. Had felt head-engaging discomfort though.
Woke up very early at 39+6 with mild contractions, they got stronger and more frequent as the day went on, tried to eat toast but threw it up, left for hospital when about 4-5 mins apart, was 8cm on arrival, had DS about 4 hours later.

Oh, also back-to-back, apparently, even though he had been the right way around the day before. Gas and air did me fine.

The head crowning really really stings, but you know you're nearly done at that point smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now