witch hazel? what kind?

(13 Posts)
BuddyTheChristmasElf Thu 22-Nov-12 15:05:52

thanks all

NAR4 Thu 22-Nov-12 14:36:47

I bought the bottle of liquid from Boots and soaked disposable nappy liners in it, then folded to the size I wanted and froze them. They were great for my very sore and torn moo moo. Didn't stink at all.

The hospital had a supply in the freezer on the postnatal ward that we could help ourselves to. They were so great I did some for at home, to use until all was healed. Will def be doing some in advance, for at home, this time too.

JaquelineHyde Wed 21-Nov-12 09:30:00

Yes good idea Hazel to pre-pour. Mine was just done seperately as I was in hospital for a week after the birth and that's how they preffered to do it.

I can still remember the feeling of utter delight everytime I put a new pad in my knickers.

I'm 19 weeks gone now and so will stock up on witch hazel asap so I am prepared!

HappyTurquoise Wed 21-Nov-12 01:13:04

Liquid. it is also really good on bruises (like arnica). Can be used as a toner on the face for greasy skin.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 21-Nov-12 01:11:23

Agree with Jaqueline, although I pre-poured, so kept a bag of witch-hazelled sanitary towels in the fridge.

But, (points to username) it feels odd me writing about witch hazel!

cupcake78 Wed 21-Nov-12 01:00:10

Liquid, the gel will do more than make your eyes water!

JaquelineHyde Tue 20-Nov-12 19:01:27

No, no, no do it!

It is amazing.

JaquelineHyde Tue 20-Nov-12 19:00:53

Liquid.

Keep it in the fridge so it is lovely and cold.

Pour on sanitory pad and place straight in knickers.

It was like bloody heaven! grin

Oh and I had a tear and it didn't sting at all.

BuddyTheChristmasElf Tue 20-Nov-12 18:58:04

glad I asked on here then before slapping a soaked pad on a torn fanjo confused!

rogersmellyonthetelly Tue 20-Nov-12 18:56:10

Well you can put it on cotton wool pads and tuck it in your bum for piles, but if you have stitches or a graze I wouldn't recommend it, it stings like hell on broken skin!

BuddyTheChristmasElf Tue 20-Nov-12 18:43:21

I keep hearing on here that you put it on maternity pads?
so I don't know really :-D obviously for post childbirth hence the choice of topic, but other than that I'm asking how you use it

rogersmellyonthetelly Tue 20-Nov-12 18:41:53

What are you planning to use it for? I'm told its excellent for piles

BuddyTheChristmasElf Tue 20-Nov-12 18:38:30

do you get it in gels or just in liquid? are there different kinds? thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now