Private Maternity Hospital Recommendations

(5 Posts)
TXB Wed 14-Nov-12 14:57:37

Hi,
I recently moved to SE London and am looking for a private maternity hospital for the birth of my 2nd child. I had my first child in North London but am hoping to avoid travelling there if there is a good one closer. Can anyone recommend one around here?
Many thanks

Bipbopdipdop Fri 16-Nov-12 10:10:34

There's only one fully private hospital offering maternity services and that's The Portland. Other options are the private Wong of NHS hospitals, so SW London that's Kingston, SE I suppose the nearest would be St Thomas but there's nothing actually SE London itself.

ghislaine Fri 16-Nov-12 15:45:20

The Guthrie Wing at King's College Hospital (Camberwell, SE5) offers private maternity. The obstetricians there are Chrissie Yu and William Dennes.

TXB Fri 16-Nov-12 18:15:27

Thanks for the replies. I have put in an enquiry to the Landsell Suite but I didn't know of the Guthrie Wing so thanks for that - I will also enquire there as it's close by. I had my first ds at the Portland and whilst it is good, it is a fair distance away from where we are so I'm hoping for somewhere closer. We are in the Greenwich borough and there doesn't seem to be any over this way.

SuiGeneris Fri 16-Nov-12 18:25:14

Landsell suite is great, I would def recommend it. I had my second there in the spring and could not have been happier. PM me if you would like more info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now