Horrendously overdue - tell me your happy stories please

(57 Posts)
MayimBialik Wed 14-Nov-12 07:23:13

I know a lot of first timers go overdue but I'm now 40+10 and feeling thoroughly fed up. Desperate to have a natural, spontaneous birth but feeling like induction is the only likely outcome at the moment. Also finding it very hard to believe that I'm ever going to actually have a baby!

Would love to hear some nice, positive, encouraging stories of people going overdue to lift my spirits (and hopefully get some oxytocin swirling around my body!)

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 15-Nov-12 16:12:30

If you don't feel like that shiney then why post on this thread. As Cahoots said this isn't AIBU.

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Thu 15-Nov-12 16:14:47

Induced at 42 weeks. First pessary at 8. Labour (didn't feel it) at 3. Contractions at 8. Baby born at 930. Stark contrast to my previous 2 long labours. Good luck!

sandycloud Thu 15-Nov-12 16:20:13

I tried all the above plus a curry so not sure what got me started 10 days over and just before induction day. They wouldn't let me have a later induction day as they wouldn't do one over the Easter weekend. Hope reading this thread gets you going!

Christobel51 Thu 15-Nov-12 16:34:11

Find a steep hill and stomp up it briskly. Preferably pushing a heavy toddler in a push chair! Worked for me 11 days ago, went into labour 9 hours later and my DD2 arrived 10 hours later. grin

Just want to apologise again, I didn't intend for my post to be a post about induction.
More that because I'm due to have induction at 40 weeks that even though I'm not overdue, I feel like I am as i'm working to a "deadline" IYSWIM and so was sympathising with the OP in that way as I feel I want this baby out ASAP preferably in the next week.

I was on another thread about inductions but my post on this thread was not meant to be about that, but about empathising with the OP about wanting labour to start. But I appreciate that my middle of the night post may not have conveyed that point well.

I'm sorry if my post didn't come across as intended thanks

BeaWheesht Thu 15-Nov-12 19:02:28

Shiny - OP very clearly asked for positive stories. Given that you're well up with how labour etc works you may also want to remember that stress during labour can cause problems an worrying the OP probably isn't the way to go.

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 15-Nov-12 22:29:47

Fatima please don't apologise, your posts came across just as intended and they were fine. Hope your baby arrives safe and well however he/she gets here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now