Criteria for a CS

(6 Posts)
ATaleOfTwoCities Tue 13-Nov-12 22:03:06

I didnt notice replies here. Thank you.
Joiyuk - it is for medical reasons I qualify for at least two medical reasons on nice guidlines.
To be honest I'm not looking forwArd to a csection but I know it's the best route for me I've weighed it all up.
Wish I read nice guidelines before I went. I really thought they'd be for it with my circumstances.
Good idea ie manager and I'll try to see my first consultant even if I dont have an appointment, I'll see if I can make one. It's so difficult you see someone different every time.
Thank yo all

wheresmespecs Tue 13-Nov-12 18:45:32

You don't have to accept that decision. Read the new NICE guidelines for full info but if a consultant refuses to give you a cs, you can ask to see another consultant. On phone so being brief, sorry.

Joiyuk Tue 13-Nov-12 17:14:56

Some consultants are loath to give an elective CS due to the risks both to yourself and your unborn child. A CS is an operation, and all operations carry risk. You could always ask for a second opinion. Alternatively you can ask to sit with a manager within the department, they can arrange a meeting for you to sit with them and your consultant to discuss the reasons behind the decisions. It's sometimes helpful so that you can understand each other. It may well be that you get a CS anyway, you never know what will happen when baby is due to come. Good luck grin

xmasevebundle Tue 13-Nov-12 16:55:56

This is my first, i when to see a consultant she asked me to see a psychiartrist for my anxiety issues i have for a VB.

If i feel the same(i will do) in 3 weeks time i will be booked in at 39weeks for a c-section.

My consultant was lovely and very understanding. You can now ask for a c-section for no medical reason.

Ask for a second opinion!

Shamentincturepincher Tue 13-Nov-12 14:32:33

Have a good read of the NICE guidelines then make an apt with another consultant of equal seniority and make the request again.

ATaleOfTwoCities Tue 13-Nov-12 13:25:50

So I was refused a CS this week. Really gutted as I didnt really want one but with my medical history since my last VB my health circumstances have changed, I hve decided this is prob the best way to go. The consultant wasn't haven't a bar of it even though I'm petrified of the VB risks pain etc I'm just so weak now. I'm wondering what the criteria is and how everyone (slight exaggeration) has a CS with less risk or no risk to me. I have a quite a few medic friends and they've all told me make sure you have a CS.
I may not sound reasonable but I just didn't anticipate the response I got from the consultant. She was very unsympathetic.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now