High blood pressure

(7 Posts)
GrandPoohBah Sun 11-Nov-12 15:10:21

Has anyone been diagnosed with high bp towards the end of their pregnancy, and how did it affect the sort of birth you had?

I have been back and forth to the hospital over the last week or so, kept in for monitoring on Friday night. My blood pressure was borderline high (ranging from 120-150 over 80-90) and I had a teensy bit of protein in my urine, only one +. Basically I was pre-pre-eclamptic. They let me out on Saturday morning with bp tablets which seem to be doing the job, and I've go to go back in every couple of days for monitoring.

Is this going to have any particular impact on the sort of birth I can have, does anyone know? Will I need more continuous monitoring or anything?

newby2 Sun 11-Nov-12 19:54:29

Hiya, can I ask how many weeks you are?

GrandPoohBah Sun 11-Nov-12 20:49:56

I'm 37+3 now.

TaggieCampbellBlack Sun 11-Nov-12 20:50:58

Yes to continuous monitoring snd a very close eye on your BP.

GrandPoohBah Sun 11-Nov-12 20:53:34

Argh, I thought as much. Thanks for confirming TaggieC-B.

Boo sad

Filiboom Tue 13-Nov-12 22:19:34

Hi there. I had this with my last pregnancy and was induced at term as high bp (even if not pre-eclampsia) can cause the placenta to break down more quickly. Wasn't the experience I'd hoped for (but whose is...), but was v glad they did induce as DS was much smaller than anyone had expected and had the look of a baby who was very overdue. Placenta was also shown to be deteriorating. Oh, and yes to lots of hospital trips in the last few weeks and 24 hour urine samples. On the plus side, I still felt absolutely fine until the end and the walks to the hospital kept me active!

PseudoBadger Tue 13-Nov-12 23:26:27

They induced me at 38 weeks with a BP of 160/110 from 36 weeks. Never had enough protein for PE. They were very concerned and I was going in (on the tube - relaxing eh!) every day for monitoring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now