Homebirth: what should I know?

(34 Posts)
AngelDog Thu 11-Oct-12 22:38:08

I'm 37.5 weeks with DC2 and am just making arrangements for a homebirth (haven't been able to do so before as baby was breech but has turned).

However, I realise I don't know anything at all about HBs! I wanted one as I don't like hospitals (can't sleep, and have loads of dietary restrictions so can't eat the food), I had a very easy 5 hour labour with DS, and will have no childcare for him (other than DH) for the 2 or 3 hours it'll take my parents to get here.

I'm starting to feel really unprepared as I've done no exercises, classes, stretching or anything this time.

What would it be useful for me to know?

HelloBear Mon 15-Oct-12 18:31:19

Any news???

AngelDog Mon 15-Oct-12 21:15:00

Thanks, everyone. Contractions started 3 hours after my waters broke, and DS2 arrived just 2.5 hours later after a quick & easy labour - 8 lbs 6 oz (and he was 15 days early, so I'm glad he didn't arrive late! wink)

It all went a bit mad after that as I had a small tear which bled a lot (the room looked like a crime scene according to my mum) so I was blue-lighted to hospital where they stitched me up easily. My LOs come out too fast!

I'm back home now with a gorgeous snuggly new baby. DS1 is absolutely smitten and cries any time he can't see the baby close up enough. Thankfully he slept through all the more difficult parts of my labour & the hospital trip.

HelloBear Mon 15-Oct-12 22:19:11

Congrats Angel! Sorry about the trip to hospital, I hope you are managing to get some rest!

twolittlebundles Tue 16-Oct-12 08:48:29

huge congrats Angel! Hope the healing is quick and easy too. Welcome to your new DS too.

EdgarAllanPond Tue 16-Oct-12 11:32:31

congratulations angeldog

hope the tear heals well, and you are getting plenty of cuddle time with angelpuppy

susiegrapevine Tue 16-Oct-12 19:57:51

Wow congrats! Glad it was all easy shame about the hospital transfere but better to be safe than sorry.

5madthings Tue 16-Oct-12 20:00:51

Yay congratulations! Hope you recover quickly, enjoy those newborn snuggles xxx

AngelDog Wed 17-Oct-12 10:01:46

Thanks - I had forgotten how lovely newborns were. I feel great and very 'normal', although a bit tired of course. It feels like we're still in normal life, rather than the shell-shock we had at this stage with DS1. smile

MoonHare Wed 17-Oct-12 16:44:59

Congratualtions, so pleased to hear it was nice and straightforward - except for the tear, which I hope heals up very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now