Is sex always painful after episiotomy?

(8 Posts)
emblosion Mon 31-Dec-12 23:14:41

Wasn't painful for me, felt a bit weird though at first! Take it slow & you'll be fine.

mummy2lola Mon 31-Dec-12 12:53:48

Hiya, I'm now 7 weeks post birth & we tried yesterday with success!!! I was so surprised that it didn't hurt- it just feels a lot tighter down there & more foreplay & relaxing is the key. Phew!!! I was so nervous!!

BeeBopBunny Fri 28-Oct-11 09:24:37

It was painfult to start with. Use plenty of lubricant and take it slowly. Don't worry if you don't get all the way on the first few attempts!

QuietNinjaZombie Wed 26-Oct-11 21:54:30

Lube! And lots of it.

NatashaBee Wed 26-Oct-11 14:08:09

It was absolutely fine for me - noticed no difference at all despite the dr doing what felt like an entire cross stitch down there.

Bumpsadaisie Wed 26-Oct-11 13:56:36

I had an episiotomy and we had sex after about 3 weeks. It wasn't painful, just felt very different down there still - all a bit floppy and odd! I didn't much enjoy it because I was thinking "Oh my god things will never be the same again", but it wasn't painful. I was just a bit upset about how different it felt and there was no way i could let go and enjoy!

Things do go pretty much back to normal in the end though, at least for me they did!

KellyKettle Wed 26-Oct-11 13:20:52

Erm, lots of foreplay and wine grin

I found it painful but less so if I was relaxed (expecting it to hurt was counter productive!).

Good luck!

nunnie Wed 26-Oct-11 10:57:21

I haven't ventured into this department as only 7 weeks post birth today. I have no idea how many stitches I had but I had a side cut.

Think all has healed appropriatley but I will be honest I haven't actually looked as it wasn't something I was familiar with prior to pregnancy.

I want to be prepared but I don't want to be so nervous that it will be painful if that makes sense.

Any advice or positive sex stories please would be great thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now