Is sex always painful after episiotomy?

(8 Posts)
nunnie Wed 26-Oct-11 10:57:21

I haven't ventured into this department as only 7 weeks post birth today. I have no idea how many stitches I had but I had a side cut.

Think all has healed appropriatley but I will be honest I haven't actually looked as it wasn't something I was familiar with prior to pregnancy.

I want to be prepared but I don't want to be so nervous that it will be painful if that makes sense.

Any advice or positive sex stories please would be great thank you.

KellyKettle Wed 26-Oct-11 13:20:52

Erm, lots of foreplay and wine grin

I found it painful but less so if I was relaxed (expecting it to hurt was counter productive!).

Good luck!

Bumpsadaisie Wed 26-Oct-11 13:56:36

I had an episiotomy and we had sex after about 3 weeks. It wasn't painful, just felt very different down there still - all a bit floppy and odd! I didn't much enjoy it because I was thinking "Oh my god things will never be the same again", but it wasn't painful. I was just a bit upset about how different it felt and there was no way i could let go and enjoy!

Things do go pretty much back to normal in the end though, at least for me they did!

NatashaBee Wed 26-Oct-11 14:08:09

It was absolutely fine for me - noticed no difference at all despite the dr doing what felt like an entire cross stitch down there.

QuietNinjaZombie Wed 26-Oct-11 21:54:30

Lube! And lots of it.

BeeBopBunny Fri 28-Oct-11 09:24:37

It was painfult to start with. Use plenty of lubricant and take it slowly. Don't worry if you don't get all the way on the first few attempts!

mummy2lola Mon 31-Dec-12 12:53:48

Hiya, I'm now 7 weeks post birth & we tried yesterday with success!!! I was so surprised that it didn't hurt- it just feels a lot tighter down there & more foreplay & relaxing is the key. Phew!!! I was so nervous!!

emblosion Mon 31-Dec-12 23:14:41

Wasn't painful for me, felt a bit weird though at first! Take it slow & you'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now