Club Penguin

(7 Posts)
sweetpea42 Wed 19-May-10 12:53:02

Hi everyone

My 7 year old and 9 year old are obsessed with club penguin at the moment and want me to buy the extended membership, can anyone advise me what this membership includes, as I would like them to have fun but are a little concerned about the internet safety side of it. Has anyone help?

Thanks

Mine have the extd membership for Club Penguin.

We had an internet safety talk at school a few weeks back which was presented by an ex-policeman who had a lot of experience in the area of internet safety. Acc to him Clun Penguin is one of the safest sites out there.

Children don't use their own names, or set up profile pages, and the msgs they send are from a pre-determined list.
Also, it is heavily moderated.

sweetpea42 Wed 19-May-10 19:59:21

Thanks for coming back to me now I can feel a bit happier about them having it.

Sweetpea

PlumBumMum Wed 19-May-10 20:07:53

Like blametheparents says my dcs have the membership and
I actually let them type their own messages but I know my dcs are only interested in playing the games but typing their own messages gave them more freedom when they were helping others on the halloween treat hunt
They know not to give out their own names and club penguin dosen't let you type numbers
but as BTP says they don't have message boards etc, extd membership just means they buy more clothes for their penguin, puffles and furniture an upgrade their igloos

so if like me you will just get pestered more to help them earn coins quickly Iam a master at puffle round up & coffee beansgrin

Ruaha Fri 20-Aug-10 11:29:22

By Ruaha Fri 20-Aug-10 11:24:24
Hi,

My kids have been using club penguin for over a year. It is very safe and they have lots of fun on it. There is an option as a parent to only allow your children to link up safe servers. These are marked with a speech bubble. On these servers only scripted speech is used. This stops them from typing in any personal info or being exposed to bad language or innapropriate talk from other users. Penguins can ask each other to be friends and be added to a friends list. Altho this is very safe, I've used it to start teaching my kids about internet safety. We have a rule that they can only accept "friends" online from people they know in real life. It has prompted loads of great conversations about how to stay safe online and what it's all about at a child relevant level. My kids share 1 penguin between them and each use it in different ways. My toddler spends her time on it changing our penguin's clothes and re decorating it's igloo. It's her very own virtual penguin doll. My older son goes on missions and my younger son enjoys the shorter games. I suggest going online and having a play yourself. It's the best way to see how it would work or not, for your kids.

AllyStarxox10 Wed 06-Nov-13 18:12:43

omg all you parents hate the internet sorry I thought we'll... never mind! I'm 10and I play club penguin and its safe.

Lol123123 Wed 16-Apr-14 06:27:35

It's not safe you can share pictures now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now