Nine Year Old Daughter On The Computer

(4 Posts)
Mogepencil Mon 04-Apr-16 20:09:11

Right, so my nine year old daughter has been playing this online game, turns out she's given all of her personal details out. Everything got sorted out and I told her not to do that and why. The paedophile didn't know her location, thank God, so that's good.
But the question I have is, have any of you experienced something similar with your children online?

UnmentionedElephantDildo Mon 04-Apr-16 20:23:36

No.

Other people's experiences probably won't help. What will help is not allowing your DC unsupervised access to the Internet or online games until you know they understand and can be relied on to follow the basic rules of cyber security.

And even when you no longer need to be hovering closely, they should still be in a public part of the home (so you can check occasionally).

But if you know the person concerned is a sex offender, your DD has presumably been interviewed by the police. That should have reinforced, more effectively than anything else, the seriousness. And presumably they left you with advice (leaflet, links) so you can up your game on this.

Mogepencil Mon 04-Apr-16 20:33:18

I've sorted that all about after the incident, obviously. I'm just asking others what may have happened to them.

jamesshields Fri 27-May-16 05:31:52

I have never experienced this before. Anyway try to avoid such situations again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now