Our kids might be able to sue us for photos of them posted online!

(4 Posts)
ntamale Fri 04-Mar-16 11:23:31

France introduced an online privacy law that allows children to sue their parents over photos of them posted on Facebook. A similar law may be introduced in the UK if children begin to take action.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3472292/Children-SUE-parents-future-breaching-privacy-uploading-photos-Facebook.html

I have mixed opinions on this as I want to share photos of my baby with friends and family all at once but at the same time it worries me because I want to keep him safe from any creeps online and thats whats at risk here.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

ScandinavianInUK Sun 06-Mar-16 10:53:36

This will depend on the type of picture. Cute holiday pictures may be fine. However, just like as grown ups we do not like our mates posting pictures of ourselves being drunk and sick for example, your child may not be pleased when s/he is 20yrs old and realises you posted a pic of them on the tiolet as a child.

Should always be careful about putting pics of kids online in general.

SamanthaBrique Sun 06-Mar-16 10:59:00

Is there a source for this that isn't the Mail?

CallaLilli Sun 06-Mar-16 11:03:00

It's a non-story with hardly anything to back it up in the form of evidence except an alleged quote from an "expert". And it doesn't explain how exactly the privacy laws work to make this possible. And where does it say a similar law may be introduced in the UK? You can't just "introduce" laws like that. Stop believing everything you read in the Daily Mail OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now