Internet Safety where there is shared custody

(2 Posts)
Rucy99 Tue 25-Aug-15 17:45:37

I am the proud parent of an 11 dd, custody is split 50/50 between myself and her mother. When see is with me there are restriction on what she can do online and when she can do it. I have recently been made aware that she has unrestricted and unsupervised access to the internet when she is with her mother. In fact her mother goes to bed before her and leaves her to put herself to bed. Her mother also bought her a smart phone that has no restrictions or parental monitoring of any kind set up. So this leaves her, at 11yo, to decide what she will access and who she will communicate with online, and what time she will decide to go to sleep when she is with her mother.
I now know she has set up several social media accounts, and who knows what sites she may have been accessing.
I have tried to talk to her mother about this and she is unresponsive and doesn't seem to care about the dangers and inappropriate material her dd WILL be exposed to.
I am wondering what can I do about this? Is there anything I can do?
Any help/suggestions very much appreciated.

Rucy99 Fri 28-Aug-15 14:47:35

Hello? Anyone there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now