Movie Star Planet Issues With Hackers

(3 Posts)
Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 14-Dec-13 23:59:45

I have just had a really sobering experience with movie start planet and I'm actually apalled at the site.

My 9 year old daughters account was hacked into and messages sent to a boy in her class who she was friends with that she did not send. I know she didn't send them as they were appearing as we were trying to delete the messages and the account at 23:30 this evening. She was more worried about the social aspect of it and what he might say on Monday but I am really bothered about the hacker.

If you google Movie Star Planet the Number two choice is "how to hack into mso easily"

I am just complelty devastated by this. I am pleased she came to me straightaway and told me but it scares me about internet use and the big wide world. That this site is obviously constantly hacked into but the security hasn't been improved. It is obviosuly a site for pre teens the security should be second to none.

ZombiePenguin Sun 15-Dec-13 00:46:29

That sounds very worrying! In the morning, could you text or talk to the parent so there's an explanation for the boy before she has to tell him, if he asks? And well done on her for being sensible enough to tell you quickly!

Sophiathesnowfairy Sun 15-Dec-13 00:50:33

Yes, I thought it might be a good idea, I did send a messages on the account but am hoping since we have deleted the account it has actually all disappeared before he saw it.

Have just read loads of really concerning stuff about msp I don't think she will be hoping back on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now