Sisters fans found photos of my young kids? Worried!

(14 Posts)
HannahC27 Tue 20-Aug-13 14:16:51

I only just signed up to the website to get advice on this particular subject. My younger sister is in the public eye and some of her fans have somehow found my facebook page (most is on private except for two cover photos) and took the photos, putting them on tumblr and twitter.
I do photography so have a tumblr blog and I saw a photo of my DD and DS on a girls blog dedicated to my sis, Im so upset! I dont want everyone looking at their pics, ive reported the tumblr page but theyre on twitter too now, i tried my hardest to keep my kids away from her spotlight but her fans are ridiculous sometimes sad

mirai Tue 20-Aug-13 14:19:02

Make your profile totally private and unsearchable then... And be grateful for the fans who have out your sister where she is.

mirai Tue 20-Aug-13 14:19:28

And don't have a cover photo!

melmo26 Tue 20-Aug-13 14:22:10

Some people have no respect for privacy of families and KIDS. I find it unbelievable.

Sorry I have no advice as I don't use twtter and have never heard of the other 1. Someone with proper advice should be along

lovestogarden Tue 20-Aug-13 14:25:20

If they are fans (and I am dying to know who she is!) can't she ask them to respect family privacy?

I guess you need to assume that people will look for such pics and remove them all from general view.

CalamityJones Tue 20-Aug-13 14:25:35

I appreciate that you are upset, but what do you think is going to happen? I doubt that your children will be of huge interest to your sister's fans.

gamerchick Tue 20-Aug-13 14:26:14

Yep ^^ you can make your Facebook totally unsearchable.. but the those 2 pictures that you can't hide just don't have photos. I don't and feel better for it.

Stick photos in a private folder only a select few can see.

I doubt that you can do anything about the ones that are out there now though but I know nothing about Twitter... time to lock down I think if it really bothers you.

Report the pics on the other sites.

Change your FB name slightly, to you first name and middle name or similar.

Get your sister to tweet something?

HannahC27 Tue 20-Aug-13 14:43:14

Shes never talked about my kids, ever, ive got rid of the cover photos now and I know they're not saying bad things about my kids but the fact that these people that i dont know have my pics of my kids saved to their computer just scared me a little. Shes tweeted about it before but they dont listen, before this they found pics of my wedding on my cousins facebook just to get pics of her as a bridesmaid?! god knows how they found my cousins facebook page. How do i make my facebook unsearchable? thanks

lovestogarden Tue 20-Aug-13 15:39:14

Fans can be a bit obsessive - not always in a bad way, just want to know everything.

EMS23 Tue 20-Aug-13 15:52:48

Hannah, I'm really sorry this has happened. I'm a FB friend of yours and an old client and although I have always known about your sister, you've definitely never alluded to it on FB so how these 'fans' knew about you, god knows.
Does your sister have a social media person working for her who could review all your settings etc to make sure this can't happen again?
Also, is there any scope for you claiming professional copyright of the photos and pursuing their removal from Twitter that way?

Tee2072 Tue 20-Aug-13 15:59:04

How did they find you?

RocknRollNerd Wed 04-Sep-13 12:47:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kimmills222 Wed 04-Sep-13 13:28:41

I can only imagine how horrible that must be. If that had happened to me I'd be livid. Have you reported the pictures that are out? The websites will probably have them removed, I'm not too sure how it works. I wonder sometimes at the callousness of people such as the ones who used your kids' pictures without your permission.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now