Email accounts

(6 Posts)
EATmum Mon 19-Aug-13 15:31:17

Asking for some advice please about family-friendly email accounts. I want to set them up for my daughters to email family but am worried about spam. Any recommendations? Thank you!

Madlizzy Mon 19-Aug-13 15:33:17

My kids have gmail accounts and don't seem to get any spam.

Retsma Wed 16-Oct-13 22:02:02

Are you willing to pay money? I you're not then just get Hotmail (Or outlook as its now called)
If you are then get zilladog.com
They offer a free "Basic" service, which allows you to add up to 5 sending/receiving "Buddies" so basically each other, you, other partner, and a relative
Also, other Parents who have signed their kids up for Zilladog can link to your daughters and create a IM system like MSN with out voice calling.
If you choose Outlook then follow the steps on the following line

http://www.pcworld.com/article/153381/safe_kids_email.html

Or just use KOL over AOL go to KOL.com

?
Hope this helps

Rosencrantz Tue 12-Nov-13 01:17:00

Worried about spam? Are you very new to the internet?

You sound like you don't know what you're talking about! There's very little harmful about spam.

Spam only really comes if you use your email to fill out dodgy forms. Even them, you'll probably only get adverts. On occasion a message that doesn't make too much sense.

This really isn't a safety concern! Do you know what 'spam' means OP?

runawaysimba Tue 12-Nov-13 01:42:48

Rosencrantz I imagine OP is concerned about (young?) girls getting "enlarge your penis"-type spam and/or caught in spam scams. Plenty of ways in which spam can be harmful to vulnerable folk.

Rosencrantz Tue 12-Nov-13 01:46:35

You honestly only get that type of spam if you're entering your details into fraudulent websites.

I work in online security!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now