How can Google allow this stuff on their apps site?

(3 Posts)
HotSpotShaz Tue 22-Jan-13 12:20:34

I've just seen on Google Play that you can download apps to your phone that allow you to 'snort' cocaine, smoke spliffs, deal drugs and even start a dogfight. How can this be right? Am I overreacting here or should Google really be allowed to promote this stuff? I mean, anyone can download it and I just think it's appalling. Anyone with me?

Here is an example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fdp.nosecandy&feature=also_installed

Tee2072 Tue 22-Jan-13 12:22:33

Because apps don't have ratings and your children shouldn't be downloading apps without your permission anyway?

How about you parent your child instead of expecting Google and others to do it?

Its a stupid idea and not one that I would choose to download, but what my kids see on the internet is my responsibility. You can't expect the internet to be tailored to your rules, you should be supervising, and if you aren't there is a lot worse can be seen online than this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now