What Would You Do ??

(6 Posts)
Groovee Sun 14-Oct-12 05:18:42

Something similar happened to my friends sons account on Club Penguin. She tried to speak to the parents but they denied their child was involved. She started changing the password regularly after that and only she could log him in.

I think possibly an Internet safety talk with your dd maybe in order and ensure she understands not to share her password as other children Can be very nasty when they gleefully get into another account.

SavoyCabbage Sun 14-Oct-12 04:52:08

Actually I think this is an almost perfect way for your dd to learn that she must never give out her password. She won't do it again and you hear terrible things about older children hacking each others Facebook and what not and the fall out from that can be much bigger than this! Try and get her to learn something from it.

If I was you I wouldn't be happy but it would be my own dd I would be cross at.

yourallbutthurtsoccermoms Sun 14-Oct-12 04:45:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

I dont know them at all, which is a shame. I do know that one of the mums is a nightmare for coming into school about her "little angel"" probably best left eh, still pee's me off though sad

Thanks for reply x

reliablemillipede Fri 30-Mar-12 17:01:58

Depends on how well you know the other girls parents ?, If I knew them well enough I think I would mention what had gone on, I probably would not "track" the parents of the ones I did not know.
Guess it's one of those lessons learned, advise your daughter never to give out passwords etc.

Just looking for some opinions/advice really.

My daughter had a Moshi Monsters account that I was paying £5 a month or so for, she had earned the privilege by doing jobs etc. Anyway, she had built up alot of coins stuff etc on there (or whatever it is they have on there) over a long period of time, turns out she told a close friend her password at school and then a group of 4 girls got together hacked her account changed it all around and spent her coins etc etc.

I eventually got this out of her after her being upset for a few hours and am really annoyed, spoke to the school, who basically gave me a lecture about letting her on these sites and then said she shouldn't have given out her password and they wouldnt be contacting the girls parents, which I suppose is fair enough as it was done outside school

What would you do ? Im really annoyed that I paid for it and these girls have cleaned her out, I mean its theft really isnt it ? and if it was my daughter that had done this to a fellow classmate Id be appalled and would want to know ? The girls are in year 5, shall I just leave it ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now