Child-friendly apps?

(5 Posts)
DonnieD Wed 21-Nov-12 07:15:53

There's a games range/company called Toca Boca that are fab for children. The hair salon is a fav in our house, plus the cooking one. There's no added costs like most apps and they are really easy to use. Great for boys and girls of all ages. Much fun.

Johnnycake Wed 17-Oct-12 13:32:00

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Samalot Thu 08-Dec-11 10:10:37

My top ones are:

Minecraft Pocket (seems good for hand-eye co-ordination)
I Learn With Transportation (because it just looks so flippin lovely!)
Green Schools Revolution (edutainment and it has a charming design)
Tiny Wings (once you get a hang of it, it's a great way of learning about physics)
Incredible Machine (better for the older sort, but fun and good for inventive types)

OldLadyKnowsSantaClaus Mon 05-Dec-11 18:16:51

Search in the app store under category "educational". There are loads for children of all ages.

ChristySt Mon 05-Dec-11 12:07:37

Hey all,

Hopefully this is the right forum to post in - I was just wondering what child-friendly apps you've come across? Whilst my child doesn't have an iPhone/iPod of his own, I do let him play with my Iphone 4 (carefully, I might add!).

He's a big fan of Angry Birds, but I was just wondering if you knew of any apps that offer educational value whilst still being fun for the kids?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now