Obscenity in the music charts

(11 Posts)
MaryPoppinsMassiveSack Tue 19-Feb-13 23:27:20

Not heard of Kunt and the Gang before, but just checked them out, they're on Disco Minge Records. You can contact them directly here.

DiscoMingeRecordsFeedback

emmetbrown Tue 19-Feb-13 23:14:22

I know I hate my kids seeing these videos & listening to these lyrics. Though just today I remembered that when I was a kid I LOVED 'Centerfold' by the J Gyles Band. It was only about 20 years later I discovered what it meant...

BangersAndMashh Tue 12-Feb-13 09:34:16

Tbh I would rather a child listen to that than some of the stuff by Rihanna etc "Come here rude boy can you get it up, come here rude boy is she big enough" springs to mind - my 5 year old niece sings this!

Finbar Sat 21-Jul-12 08:15:19

Zombies - totally agree with you about the misogyny - it makes my skin creep.
And as for the Daddy I've Fallen for a Monster song ... It's disturbing on so many levels.....so it's ok to be scared by your 'big and black' partner - just because "He's the best I've eve had" ? Jeez

Tee2072 Sat 21-Jul-12 08:09:21

That doesn't bother me.

N*****s in Paris, on the other hand...

Then again, all modern music is shit anyway, so who cares?

Pommymumof3 Sat 21-Jul-12 07:32:52

I hate all that music too... Here in Australia they don't even bother to sensor it for radio! So we drive around in silence lol
I have banned YouTube too to try and stop them hearing it!

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Wed 18-Jul-12 23:43:00

It IS quite disgusting as is the huge amount of misogyny in songs and videos these days.

LynetteScavo Wed 18-Jul-12 23:41:44

What no is it? I can't find it.

How do you propose to keep such music (I'm using the term loosely) out of the charts? Radio stations don't have to play music for it to go viral on the web.

Tamlev13 Wed 18-Jul-12 23:31:40

Oh noez, swearingz! Children cover your ears!

TheBrandyButterflyEffect Tue 21-Dec-10 18:29:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crochetlover Mon 20-Dec-10 20:31:34

Hi all,

i've been reading posts here for a while but i've finally been inspired to join and say hi!

I'm worried about a music single i've heard about, while looking for the Matt Mcardle single in the charts I saw there's a song (i guess meant as a novelty) in the charts by something called 'K*nt and the gang'. i'll not list the full name here, but it talks about sodomy and and uses the most appalling language. you can see it here

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/singles-chart/

Is nobody else concerned that this sort of thing is listed in public on the same page as content that our kids are likely to be viewing? i've a sense of humour and can accept that some people might find this sort of thing funny but does it have to be somewhere so obvious and public?

am i overreacting? i mean, being free to put this sort of thing out is one thing but don't see why it has to be somewhere people could find it by mistake?

Crochet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now