Facebook "when will you die" apps

(12 Posts)
Tamlev13 Tue 17-Jul-12 17:42:58

Seriously, why get upset, people die, yada yada, move on

cheesesarnie Mon 23-Jan-12 20:28:39

i do wonder why people click on those things

LinfordLunchbox69 Mon 23-Jan-12 20:23:25

I was killed by a falling snowflake my mum went mad at me for doing it and I'm 30, married and have 2 kids in our own home. I think it's just a parent thing seeing your child's name on a head stone. In the end it's suppost to be a joke so don't take it to heart

cheesesarnie Mon 23-Jan-12 20:17:58

if it was on facebook it must be true.

itll end up like sleeping beuty,looked away and all the spinning wheels

Confuzzled128 Mon 23-Jan-12 20:14:25

Your wife cried? smacks head. Are you aware, Sir, that these apps randomly generate dates and strange ways to die? Only yesterday I found out that in 20 years from now I shall die after being abducted by aliens...

Lordneo Sat 14-Jan-12 22:03:09

I Laughed at this massive overreaction, he doesn't live in your imaginary happy la la land bubble anymore, real life is gritty and that's the truth.

walkinZombie Sun 23-Jan-11 16:19:32

I wouldn't take it seriously, its just morbid curiosity.

I think your wifes reaction may just may it more appealing, rebellion and all that

profscooter Fri 22-Oct-10 09:54:45

Oh he seems OK with it and was happy to have these graphic details posted to his status. He was surprised by the bad reaction it generated from his parents.

TrinityRhino Fri 22-Oct-10 09:31:22

its just stuff and nonsense though surely at 13 he understands this

if not then maybe he is too young for facebook

profscooter Fri 22-Oct-10 09:28:54

Just seemed like quite dark stuff for a 13 year old to be confronting, and unnerving information to have appear in my info stream. When I was his age I was playing model railways and watching John Noakes on Blue Peter.

Tee2072 Fri 22-Oct-10 08:35:36

Well, yeah, if you're taking it seriously? You're being wusses.

How old is your son? I am sure he knows it's a game and to not get het up about it.

Perhaps you should tell your wife the same.

profscooter Fri 22-Oct-10 08:34:19

Disturbed to see my son signing up to one of these apps yesterday which posted a graphic description of the projected mode, date and location of his demise (supposedly within the next few years) to his Facebook status. My wife was in tears when she saw it. Needless to say we made him disconnect from it and remove the post. I know there is some bad stuff on Facebook but this is a bit of a different slant on the usual annoyances. Anyone else think these kinds of things are beyond the pale or are we being wusses?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now