Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

what happens, in order, with multi agencies.

(6 Posts)
gillybeanz Wed 13-Jul-16 22:23:29

Can anybody tell me what will happen and how it comes together please.
I'm not able to give all info, very sorry, unique and identifying. sad

SS assessment, to be passed on to a support worker, for approx 2 sessions.

CAMHS referral assessment, second appointment next month.
Agreed to an assessment for ADHD, Autism spectrum, bipolar, maybe others they said. sad Not sure when this will happen?

She is not a threat to others and would never hurt anyone, stands up for the bullied and is a nice kid iyswim. However, has serious issues that unfortunately become dangerous for her.

Through school she is accessing Ed psych assessment for dyslexia, dyscalculia, and other learning disabilities.

With everything that has happened I forgot to ask what would happen and when. It has been a living nightmare the past few weeks, so many tears, cuddles and the first time ever a huge meltdown? is this the correct term? It scared us as she never even had a temper tantrum as a toddler and have no experience of this at all.

So do the agencies get together and compile reports? and then what happens? Is there a specific order it will go in and is there a usual range of time scale?

Tia for any info.

babynugget Wed 13-Jul-16 22:37:54

I'm afraid I can't give you any detail of exactly how it will happen and it will differ from area to area but didn't want to read and run. It sounds like you are going through a terrible time but you are getting the help you need so take heart that things will get better.

I assume you have been allocated a named person to co-ordinate the support for your DD? Give them a call and I am sure they will be able to answer all your questions and guide you through the process. Sometimes the professionals involved in these situations forget that, unlike them, you have never been through this before and it's scary and confusing. Let them know your concerns and they should be able to give you all the info you need.

Keep up the cuddles, you will probably both benefit from them! And don't worry about all the names and labels that are being thrown at you just now, every child is unique and different, what name to give this 'problem' is important so you can get the right support but no diagnosis, name or label should define your child. It sounds like you have a bright and kind little girl, please don't let whatever is going on just now over shadow all the good bits about being her mummy. Keep your chin up and I hope someone can give you some clarity in what happens from here.

gillybeanz Wed 13-Jul-16 23:45:01

Thank you baby

We always knew there was something in the background and there are several family members with similar traits. There was never anything that ticked nearly enough boxes for anything and nothing impacted on day to day life. She was just a bit quirky, it's what people say about her.
Then out of the blue mh problems just escalated at tremendous speed, scared us all and completely changed our lives.
Our once very dependable dd is not in control at all and can't handle it. sad
I hardly recognise her sometimes, like Jekyll and Hyde.

None of us are going cuddle free atm and whatever can be has been put on hold.
I so want to get us all out on a country walk when the weather is slightly better. She loves being outdoors and nature.

Your words are so kind thanks

babynugget Thu 14-Jul-16 00:05:17

Sounds like you are reeling from the rapid escalation but you sound incredibly strong and switched on to your dd's needs. I'm sure it probably doesn't feel like that just now though. Make sure you are getting support for yourself too, this has been a massive shock to you and your emotions will be all over the place. Fresh air and open spaces sounds like a great idea for you all so I'll be hoping for some better weather for you. smile

OhTheRoses Tue 26-Jul-16 22:15:20

Only advice from me op is buy yourself a journal and record every meeting, phone call, what was said, what was agreed with you, date time, where, who was present, who said what.

Every conversation, assessment with CAMHS, write an immediate follow up note: "thank you for meeting us at x time, on x date. We were also pleased to meet (if anyone else was there).

Summarise key points discussed and actions agreed.

Never, ever leave a meeting with CAMHS or other agencies without being very clear about what they say will happen next and when it will happen. Confirm it back in writing.

Wishing you well. Hope your DD is ok x

YellowJellyBeanz Wed 27-Jul-16 22:46:40

Please be mindful that ss are not your friends, keep records of everything and be careful what you share with them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now