Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

Help....

(5 Posts)
teenageangstandthensomeby2 Wed 11-May-16 09:27:54

I have a 12 yr old daughter. Stays in her room constantly. Hasn't spoken to me for 2 days after she saw the dr.She has started self harming. She is on her mobile CONSTANTLY..screams and cries if I take it away. Will not let me even touch the mobile. Should I just take it off her and let her scream. Have tried the boundaries thing. It doesn't work (scheduled times for mobiles).Doesn't talk to her younger sister (age 10) except to scream at her.
I ask her to help. She doesn't. Only time she cheers up is if I give her money.
Trying to get her a CAMHS assessment..not going too well at the moment.
School being hopeless.
She doesn't appear to want help.
I am at a total loss.

IonaNE Sun 15-May-16 20:37:33

Sorry to hear you and your daughter are going through a difficult time flowers. Who is she on the phone to?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

teenageangstandthensomeby2 Sun 15-May-16 22:12:24

SHe instagrams a lot. KIK also. Music and (used to be art you tube) but tbh she has locked me out of everything. All boundaries we had have gone, that she agreed to.
She's started being naughty at school. Previously unheard of. (she's very academic, but has lost all interest.

I go from compassion to anger at her rudeness and not listening. She always has her nose in the phone.
Unsure wheter to just take it off of her. or let her stay on it.

I end up shouting at her for not doing the most basic things, then I feel awful.

teenageangstandthensomeby2 Sun 15-May-16 22:14:41

She has a 10yr old sister. The sister was crying yesterday saying she felt she had no sister.12 yr old spoke to dr as I was hoping to get a Cams assessment. But 12 yr old said she felt very happy at school and at home. Utter rubbish. But means dr can't help her. She refuses to get help offered at school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now