Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you need professional help, please see our mental health webguide

ADHD and Medications

(2 Posts)
mewmewpower Tue 18-Sep-12 20:54:24

Hi all - my DS is aged 7 and has been changed from 27mg XL of Concerta to Equasym 30mg XL. Has anyone noticed a difference between the Concerta and Equasym? Even though the Equasym is a higher dose, I am not seeing the same positive effects than when he was on Concerta, slightly lower dose. Do you know whether it takes a while for the new drugs to kick in? Or what I am seeing is what I am going to get? Wilst on Concerta, he has good mornings at school but the afternoons are a little more difficult in that he fidgets more and doesn't hold his concentration for long. I am beginning to think, I don't know what's for the best sad

Ineedalife Sun 23-Sep-12 20:12:29

You might get more replies to your post on the special needs children board. I know there are a few posters on there who have children with ADHD.

There doesnt seem to be much traffic on this board and that one is busy.

Maybe see you over theresmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now