What are your chucks called?

(80 Posts)

We have Enid, Sylvia, Cherry,Blossom,Rose and Fifi.

rainbowsprite1 Wed 15-May-13 17:56:35

We started off with Dandelion, Daisy & Buttercup, then we added Bramble, Snowdrop & Coco

ComradeJing Thu 16-May-13 09:51:06

I hae stopped naming them as they keep falling off their perch.

We do have a coco, a buffy and a Dorcus (the dorking) but the new ones aren't named yet.

Letters Mon 20-May-13 20:15:22

Ours were Babs and Ginger from chicken run (rip ladies hmm) dd1 will be naming the next ones so who knows what they will be called. Her favorite name for teddies at the moment is Chesus Price (aka Jesus Christ) so might be that.... grin

Crikeyblimey Mon 20-May-13 20:19:08

Mine are Diana, Mary and Florence - cos they are the chicken Supremes!! They put on little gold sling backs and gold lame dresses in the night and sing in three part harmonies when no one is looking smile

However - we do have Maple too (ds named her) - I don't think she feels left out, I'm sure they let her try on the wigs and stuff.

Leilandri Mon 20-May-13 21:13:01

We have Donut, Patch, Banana and Ketchup.
All named by DS1 (3.6yrs) hmm
We did have Bogey too, but she turned out to be a he, so went to chook heaven sad

MrsTomHardy Mon 20-May-13 22:48:20

This group are Amber, Snuffles and Winnie

Lovely names everyone!! Love the supremes. Sylvia has a long cigarette holder and stalks round moaning about the slum she now lives in smile

Smugfearnleyshittingstool Mon 27-May-13 21:36:17

Our lovely flock don't all have names but the ones the kids have given names too are, Black ben, Darren, Dave, scraggy

Then we had cute baby day olds in march and called them daisy, daffodil and primrose .....now they are huge and do not suit girly names at all.....one is a cock....he is cAlled cocker!

Black Ben is currently sitting on ten fertile eggs so more names needed here soon.

BadRoly Mon 27-May-13 21:44:41

Ours have all been named by the dc. So we have Amy, Bluebell, Vanessa (Vanny) and Bob (which is my favourite chicken name).

Sadly Amber, Rebecca and HennyPenny are all dead now hmm

Cocker! Fabulous!

DD & I were going floral with Poppy, Daisy & Lavender when DH waded in with Lemon & Cashew-Nut.

Poetnojo Sat 22-Jun-13 00:04:35

We have a Gertrude, Molly and Purdy Burdy, we did have a henrietta but she actually turned out to be a Henry so we brought her back and exchanged her for the fore mentioned Purdy Burdy smile

MusieB Wed 26-Jun-13 11:19:55

BadRoly, we have a Bob too (she is a girl but we couldn't tell when she hatched). Also Poachy, Chickster, Twitter, Glimmer and Shimmer. All named by DD (10).

MNPin2013 Mon 15-Jul-13 00:01:43

Currently Mabel, Edna and Nora, in the past Flo, Betty, Hilda and Polly.

Mhysa Thu 18-Jul-13 23:15:20

Along the same theme as Monkeyface, I have-

The hybrids-
Noodle, Nugget, nacho and Pie

The posh birds-
Pricilla, Polly jean and Holiday

Past chocks-
Bubblegum, coconut, sugar (later Elvis when we found was a boy) meringue and Marshmellow.

Guess which I got to name and which was the DC? wink

MyBoysAreFab Tue 23-Jul-13 15:45:14

This is much more exciting than a babyname thread! I am looking after my friend's chickens and am now desperate to get some for us and call them Bunty, Beryl and Betsy. Maybe a Gladys too.

Before the foxes got them, we had a Noodle, Nugget and Drumstick.

DS has decided that if we try again, he wants to call one Jonny Cash.

kelpeed Sat 27-Jul-13 13:38:02

mavis, rosie and rosepeck. sometimes they decide to swap their nsmes around.

Bonniemum24 Sat 27-Jul-13 22:07:12

Sunny,ruby,snowy,bogey
They have yellow , red, white and green leg rings

chickchickchickenkeeper Tue 30-Jul-13 16:28:36

I don't have mine yet but they shall be called Fraggle and Womble smile IF I end up with a third one I'm a bit stumped..! Waiting to see if some buff sussex banties are girls smile

sheridand Mon 05-Aug-13 17:45:38

Blossom, Lilly, Nugget, Fried Rice.

Love all these names! Today we have just picked up our first ever 4 chickens :-D

However...names we're struggling on. I feel i need to get to know them first!

Although i quite like Olive and Willow so far. Willow because thats the name i really desperarely wanted for DD but i wasnt 'allowed'. I will have that name one way or another...

ShyGirlie Sat 05-Oct-13 21:29:53

Henrietta, Jennifer and Penelope.

Also know as Henny, Jenny and Penny. Love my girls and can't imagine life without them!

Rooster is called Tom John. He's so good to his girls! smile

pimmsgalore Mon 07-Oct-13 11:37:14

Well ours were named by the DC and are K, F and C confused

I love the fact that so many of the names are clearly representative of multiple owners!

We have Jasmine and Sapphire (named by me) and Halal (named by DP, after discussion both on MN and in RL about if that was a socially acceptable name)...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now