EGGS!!

(8 Posts)
schilke Tue 13-Nov-12 14:35:27

We've had our pol chickens for 7 weeks. On Sunday the coral laid a perfect egg - lovely silvery colour. She then laid one on Monday and today. Last Thursday she started doing this odd squatting move when I was near her and I remembered someone describing that behaviour prior to laying on here, so I was starting to get excited.

She's doing all the work a the moment as the other 3 haven't started. She's laid them all in the correct place too.

How wonderful! That squatting movement is what my hens do when they think they are about to be er ...mounted by the cockeral confused

schilke Wed 14-Nov-12 08:34:20

Another one today and the copper has started squatting. Perhaps they think I'm a cockerel when i go near them grin Dc are so excited, well the younger two anyway.

HappyTurquoise Wed 14-Nov-12 09:25:26

That's great. 2 of ours are laying well, but the other is broody and hasn't been laying for a couple of weeks.

TunipTheHollowVegemalLantern Fri 16-Nov-12 22:59:08

Hurrah!

Viewofthehills Fri 16-Nov-12 23:04:02

Eggs, what are they? My chickens haven't laid any in weeks so you're doing really well.

Cezzy Fri 16-Nov-12 23:08:16

One of our has just started laying after a break of ages. Our Marans has just got over being broody and gas decided to moult just as the weather gets really cold so no eggs from her.

schilke Sun 02-Dec-12 09:26:45

Woohoo. 3 eggs yesterday! The blacktail laid in the coop and I think the copper laid underneath the coop, as well as the coral laying her usual egg. She has laid every day since she started 3 weeks ago. Just one more to start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now