Chickens and fireworks

(5 Posts)
Pixel Tue 06-Nov-12 16:07:36

They were fine this morning and all laid an egg.
The cat on the other hand was so freaked out he threw up all over a duvet and a rug hmm.

Pixel Mon 05-Nov-12 20:33:24

Oh that's good thanks smile. I was going to go out there but then I'd have to shine a torch in or open the nest box which I thought would freak them out as well. They've been ok the last couple of nights but these fireworks were so loud it was ridiculous.

Mine were fine last year, didn't even stop laying. We got new ones two weeks ago so I'm hoping they don't find it too stressful.

Bramblesinafield Mon 05-Nov-12 20:17:01

Mind are in their usual roosting zombie state. Have you been to see how your girls are doing? Chances are they are zoned out til morning. X

Pixel Mon 05-Nov-12 19:42:40

All you lovely people who have had chooks in your back gardens for years, please reassure me. The neighbours have just been letting off some massive fireworks which exploded right above my girls and went on for ages. I like fireworks but these really loud ones are beyond a joke and should be banned imo. I'm worried that I'll find them dead from shock in the morning sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now