Seriously, will I ever get any eggs?

(3 Posts)
mutantninjamyrtle Sat 03-Nov-12 21:05:23

Got a trio of leghorn bantam crosses back in late June - probably about nine weeks old then. One has turned out to be a cockerel, so no eggs there smile

However, when are my two girls going to start laying? I haven't had a thing yet. Do some breeds really take that long or might they be eating / hiding them somehow? I've never seen any sign of egg debris anywhere, mind. I've heard they may not lay till Spring now, but is that right? Help!

discrete Sat 03-Nov-12 21:09:15

So they're about 6 months old? Two of mine are about that age too and not laying yet.

The others we got when they were already laying and we were convinced that they had stopped - they were in fact laying in the bushes and we eventually found loads of egg shells strewn around.

We started to get loads more eggs when we moved them to an enclosed run!

cazzybabs Sun 11-Nov-12 08:53:11

My Pekins are laying either - I think they might explode! Acutally they are not supposed to lay wth the dark nights drawing in so I have removed their nesting boxes till spring

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now