***Give me your old cloth nappies!*** Pretty please :)

(40 Posts)
LyndaNotLinda Mon 18-Jul-16 19:09:02

Well, not me personally but Sudanese and Syrian refugees desperately need cloth nappies💚

Cloth nappies can be literally life-saving for refugee babies in camps because without them, babies are subjected to staying in wet, dirty nappies all day leaving them open to the risk of infection, diseases and pneumonia. But a cloth nappy that can be washed dramatically reduces that risk.

Please, please send us your cloth nappies new or pre-loved but good condition. All nappies will be put on our 40ft container leaving Portsmouth at the end of the month (July) to Uganda.

If you don't have any cloth nappies going spare but would like to help, each nappy pack is £24 and will provide reusable nappies that can be used from birth until they are old enough not to need nappies. Send funds to our PayPal donthatedonateuk@gmail.com ref cloth nappy. More info at:
m.facebook.com/DontHateDonate/

Drop nappies off in Portsmouth or Birmingham:

Birmingham
3 Studley Street
B12 8JB
Mon-Fri 10-6

Portsmouth - drop off or post:
North End Baptist Church
195 Powerscourt Rd
Portsmouth PO2 7JH

THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers

ItsJustPaint Mon 18-Jul-16 19:17:20

Thanks for posting this.

I've got some sitting in my wardrobe which I will dig out.

Can they be posted to the address ?

LyndaNotLinda Mon 18-Jul-16 19:20:23

Yes please - post to the Portsmouth address. Thank you so much smile

Gardencentregroupie Mon 18-Jul-16 19:23:37

I have a few from a trial pack that I didn't get on with. I'll try to post them in the next few days. I'm glad they'll be going to someone who needs them.

Blerg Mon 18-Jul-16 19:25:54

Glad to see you posting this. I saw the FB post and have some I will send. They are also looking for people to be collection points.

Gladysmum Mon 18-Jul-16 19:28:41

I've bought these and asked the seller to send them to your Portsmouth church. Poor little darlings.

AnotherUsernameBitesTheDust Mon 18-Jul-16 19:28:45

I have some lurking about and need to have a sort out/declutter so I'll get them in the post.

throwingpebbles Mon 18-Jul-16 19:29:59

Is there a web page or anything and I will share this on Facebook!

lljkk Mon 18-Jul-16 19:34:07

Do you need wraps, too? I have several that no one has wanted but I can't bear to bin. Medium size.

doceodocere Mon 18-Jul-16 19:36:27

I've got quite a lot lurking while I wondered what to do with them! This is brilliant smile

SisterMoonshine Mon 18-Jul-16 19:41:25

Oh good. I've got Bambino Mios as well as wraps and liners waiting to one day be photographed and listed on EBay
I'll never get round to it

Thank you for posting about this.

SheilaTakeABow Mon 18-Jul-16 19:46:50

I've got a Bambino Mio starter pack and loads of liners that I couldn't get on with. Glad I've found a good home for them

poocatcherchampion Mon 18-Jul-16 19:59:19

Ive got some terries I am looking to GI r to someone. Is that useful?

DailyFailAteMyFish Mon 18-Jul-16 20:00:36

Damn, if you were in NI you could have all of mine.

LyndaNotLinda Mon 18-Jul-16 20:26:06

Thank you everyone - you're brilliant! There is a facebook page: www.facebook.com/DontHateDonate/ and a website too.

lljkk - I'm sure they would be useful. Thank you

Poocatcher/dailyfail - if you could bung them in the post, that would be bloody great.

I bloody love MN smile

MustStopAndThinkBeforePosting Mon 18-Jul-16 20:42:28

Are two-parters any good or are you just after the all-in-one types?

LyndaNotLinda Mon 18-Jul-16 21:44:42

Two-parters would be fab thanks MustStop. Thank you smile

RitchyBestingFace Mon 18-Jul-16 21:49:20

I've got a big box of newborn to one year sitting upstairs. Do you want liners and Muslins too?

LyndaNotLinda Mon 18-Jul-16 22:59:39

Yes please sad

LyndaNotLinda Mon 18-Jul-16 23:00:19

I meant smile not sad obviously blush

AWaspOnAWindowInAHeatwave Mon 18-Jul-16 23:03:47

Are disposables any use? I know they can't be washed but I do have some that are too small for my DC.

Maki79 Mon 18-Jul-16 23:05:00

I've failed to ebay my fuzzibunz so I'll send them on to the Portsmouth address!! Would the liners be useful too??

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 19-Jul-16 10:57:55

Hello everybody,

Thanks so much for all of the support on this thread.
We're just going to sweep this thread over to the Charities Noticeboard where it belongs. flowers

OP, we're just about to mail you. flowers

GeekLove Tue 19-Jul-16 11:02:24

Hooray! Finally I can get rid of the ones in my attic!

GeekLove Tue 19-Jul-16 11:03:02

Tight deadlines! Better get digging!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now