Young Mum Needs Treatment For Breast Cancer

(5 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

UpYourVlog Fri 01-Jul-16 18:03:43

This is the first time I've ever been on this website and I always here such good things regarding it. It's great that we have this available and I'll be sure to use it when I myself end up having children.

I hope this isn't breaking any rules on this site but I'd like to plea for help. A family member of mine, a young mum aged just 36, has a very aggressive form of breast cancer. All the information can be found here on my blog post,

www.upyourvlog.com/2016/06/help-stranger-pay-it-forward.html

She needs to raise £50,000 to get innovative treatment in Germany that could potentially turn her life around. Please give what you can and if you can't give, then please share with anyone you know. From one stranger to another, I thank you for your support. I would love to keep this thread open to update you with her progress and to also send messages of love and support to Katy.

Thank you!

Natalie-Ann x

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Jul-16 20:21:30

​We do advise all our members to be aware that not everyone on t'internet is who they say they are, and that, although we're awed daily by the astonishing support our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns, we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster, emotionally or financially, than they can afford to spare.

UpYourVlog Fri 01-Jul-16 20:34:17

Thank you for the guidance! I don't expect anyone to give more than they can afford. If it could at least get shared via social media, then that would be amazing!

Natalie-Ann x

weebarra Fri 01-Jul-16 20:48:53

Can I just ask what the innovative treatment in Germany is? I was diagnosed with triple -ve bc three years ago aged 36, when my youngest was 8 weeks old. It was also stage 3. I had chemo, mastectomy and radiotherapy. I'm still here. I'd be interested to know what other treatment is available. Good luck to your cousin.

UpYourVlog Sun 10-Jul-16 11:22:31

If you go on her gofundme page, she has a link to her Facebook page. You can get in touch with her to get the details as I don't know this information. Sorry x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now