This topic is for registered charities to post about their organisation or campaigns. PLEASE NOTE: Mumsnet does not check/endorse any of the charities posting here, and folk considering donating funds should be aware that they do so at their own risk.

Operation Christmas Child.

(234 Posts)
AgitatedAtheist Tue 24-Sep-13 21:12:07

Hi,

I'm not actually a parent - I'm a teenager. (I come in peace.)

At school a couple of days ago we were told that we would be supporting the Operation Christmas Child program. I don't agree with them, and I wonder what their motives really are. If anybody agrees with me, I want to ask if I should try and do anything about it.

The reason I've asked on here is because I wanted the opinions of some people with a bit more experience.

Thanks in advance smile

gooner1956 Sun 13-Oct-13 23:40:55

Goodnight SuburbanRhonda, or can I just call you Rhonda?

SuburbanRhonda Germany Sun 13-Oct-13 23:45:59

SuburbanRhonda, since it's you, Brian.

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SuburbanRhonda Germany Sun 13-Oct-13 23:53:32

Well, that will certainly be worth watching, solidgold smile

thaliablogs Tue 22-Oct-13 22:05:18

Argh. Just got these leaflets home from school. Have written to the head who I am sure has just not looked into this properly (but should not have sent a leaflet home if so). It is a c of e school but I would have expected more sensitivity. Let's see what response I get.

Gutted - DCs brought home a letter from their nursery earlier in the week asking for donations for these shoeboxes. I'd never done a shoebox before so obediently donated and now I've come across this - it's definitely not an organisation I want to support. I feel it's too late to speak up now - the letters have gone out and gifts donated. How best to approach this, an email to the nursery manager suggesting non-religious alternatives for next year?

Wellthen Sat 02-Nov-13 18:04:10

The American, Canadian and British Samaritan's purses are separate charities so I dont think you should refer to an American issue in your letter.

Wellthen Sat 02-Nov-13 18:04:43

Sorry, wrong thread.

Housesellerihope Sat 02-Nov-13 18:53:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now