Operation Christmas Child.

(234 Posts)
AgitatedAtheist Tue 24-Sep-13 21:12:07

Hi,

I'm not actually a parent - I'm a teenager. (I come in peace.)

At school a couple of days ago we were told that we would be supporting the Operation Christmas Child program. I don't agree with them, and I wonder what their motives really are. If anybody agrees with me, I want to ask if I should try and do anything about it.

The reason I've asked on here is because I wanted the opinions of some people with a bit more experience.

Thanks in advance smile

gooner1956 Sun 13-Oct-13 23:40:55

Goodnight SuburbanRhonda, or can I just call you Rhonda?

SuburbanRhonda Sun 13-Oct-13 23:45:59

SuburbanRhonda, since it's you, Brian.

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SuburbanRhonda Sun 13-Oct-13 23:53:32

Well, that will certainly be worth watching, solidgold smile

thaliablogs Tue 22-Oct-13 22:05:18

Argh. Just got these leaflets home from school. Have written to the head who I am sure has just not looked into this properly (but should not have sent a leaflet home if so). It is a c of e school but I would have expected more sensitivity. Let's see what response I get.

Gutted - DCs brought home a letter from their nursery earlier in the week asking for donations for these shoeboxes. I'd never done a shoebox before so obediently donated and now I've come across this - it's definitely not an organisation I want to support. I feel it's too late to speak up now - the letters have gone out and gifts donated. How best to approach this, an email to the nursery manager suggesting non-religious alternatives for next year?

Wellthen Sat 02-Nov-13 18:04:10

The American, Canadian and British Samaritan's purses are separate charities so I dont think you should refer to an American issue in your letter.

Wellthen Sat 02-Nov-13 18:04:43

Sorry, wrong thread.

Housesellerihope Sat 02-Nov-13 18:53:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now