This topic is for registered charities to post about their organisation or campaigns. PLEASE NOTE: Mumsnet does not check/endorse any of the charities posting here, and folk considering donating funds should be aware that they do so at their own risk.

Come and sponsor us! BIWI and HepsibarCrinkletoes do running ...

(360 Posts)
BIWI Wed 18-Sep-13 08:55:14

On October 13, Hepsibar and me, along with RatherBeOnThePiste and TantrumsAndBalloons (I think) will be running a 5K race, as part of the Woolly Hugs team.

We are aiming to raise money for World Child Cancer, the charity for which Woolly Hugs knits (amongst others), and the charity that was nominated by MrsDeVere, in memory and honour of her daughter, Billie.

Pistey's money is being raised through the Woolly Hugs Just Giving page, and Hepsibar and I have our own pages - although the money all goes to the same place in the end.

We would all be incredibly grateful if you could spare a bit of cash to sponsor us.

You can either sponsor us directly, via cheque/cash (just send me a PM for details), or - if it's easier - through our Just Giving pages:

BIWI's page

Hepsibar's page

Pistey/Woolly Hugs' page

Hepsibar and I still have to meet our target, so it would be fab if you would sponsor us!

With very many thanks, and much love

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 07:39:25

<resisting>

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 07:40:22

grin

BIWI Thu 19-Sep-13 08:15:05

Morning!

I have now reached 95% of my target!

thank you, all you very generous people.

flowers

KnottyLocks Thu 19-Sep-13 08:27:13

yay!

<Potters off to find maracas >

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Thu 19-Sep-13 08:39:41

Oops I donated to the wrong one I think.

BIWI Thu 19-Sep-13 08:40:15

grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 08:41:20

Sorta thing I'd do! Thank you anyway!!

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 08:44:21

Thank you Wimpy and Trumpton. Hugely appreciated, and Wimoy, tis all going to WCC, that's the most important part. X

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 08:44:43

thanks

BIWI Thu 19-Sep-13 09:22:14

Fabulous.

Now, if someone would go out and do my run for me this morning, I'd be very grateful!

Bump!

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 09:41:51

<waves BIWI off on her morning run>

KnottyLocks Thu 19-Sep-13 09:53:32
Mouseface Thu 19-Sep-13 10:10:57

Morning runners smile

Tantrums - I shared the Wonderful WoollyHugs™ page, like others have, and kept a running total of my own online and on my paper form so I knew what I'd raised, purely selfish reasons! grin

When are you running or doing your event lovely? I'll sponsor you, I've not already have I? [HeadLikeASieve] grin xx

BIWI - you've done great!! Go you! xxx

How are we all? Ready to go today? smile thanks brew cake and wine (if you can drink) for those who are training today xxx

<wonders if she posts that she's having to do the cleaning today, and that it's going to take her all day to do the upstairs, it's only 4 rooms sad I would like a new lower spine, some new hips and mended pelvis please for your next fundraiser> grin grin grin

captainmummy Thu 19-Sep-13 11:05:55

Aw Mouseface - wish i could mend you!

<bumping too, helpfully!>

BIWI Thu 19-Sep-13 12:25:46

Phew. That was hard this morning! No idea how far I ran as I managed to somehow turn Map My Run off when putting my phone back into my pocket, so I just ran for 30 minutes, and I was very glad when those 30 minutes were over.

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 17:48:51

Hello <bumpetty bump>

you recovering lovely BIWI?

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 17:49:11

<hugs Mousey>

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 18:26:08

and.............

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 18:26:16

BUMPS!

KnottyLocks Thu 19-Sep-13 18:37:22

<drags in bongos>

BIWI Thu 19-Sep-13 18:51:01

Oh my! I have now exceeded my target! Thank you so much to everyone.

I'm stiffening up nicely after this morning. I'm a bit worried about how tough I found it, considering that I run only on the flat, whereas Crystal Palace is hilly confused

I may have to fake an injury ...

YoniMatopoeia Thu 19-Sep-13 18:54:54

I am marking my place to sponsor you all when I have the lap top fired up.

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 18:55:02

<shouts over bongoing>

Ski lifts up the hills. Trot down.

My plan.

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 19-Sep-13 18:55:20

Bongoing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now