This topic is for registered charities to post about their organisation or campaigns. PLEASE NOTE: Mumsnet does not check/endorse any of the charities posting here, and folk considering donating funds should be aware that they do so at their own risk.

I never do this but I'm going to ask anyway...please please help.

(19 Posts)
NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 25-Apr-13 23:21:09

Amelia May's Just Giving Page

Amelia May is only 2 and she's local to me, her parents are devestated as she's suffering from Neuroblastoma cancer and they want to raise enough to get her to the USA for a treatment which isn't available here.

It's a low income area but the efforts that the village have gone to to attempt to raise 250,00 are monumental. It's heartening and heartbreaking to see people out all day on weekends washing cars and things to raise money...kids are auctioning their prized possessions and they're such a lovely, lovely family.

If you can spare a little donation it would help...anything can help.

Her facebook page

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 25-Apr-13 23:31:00

Bump for the night owls...then I'm off to bed. I'll be back tomorrow though. smile

mysaladdays Thu 25-Apr-13 23:33:47

Done. Hope they raise all the money they need smile

narmada Thu 25-Apr-13 23:43:15

Bump. Neuroblastoma is horrific.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 25-Apr-13 23:47:11

Oh thank you so much. I can't think of how they're feeling at the moment and she's such a little dear. Thank you.xxx thanks thanks

mysaladdays Thu 25-Apr-13 23:55:47

No problem. Hope you come back to find more donations smile

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 25-Apr-13 23:56:57

I hope so too...it's late now so there's not many about. I will bump tomorrow. Thanks so much it means a lot.xxxx

Done. Hope they hit their target xx

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 26-Apr-13 00:12:36

Oh thank you Dorothy...so much. It's very kind of people. smile It makes me feel a bit more hope for them and I know that her Mum and Dad are heartened by people's generosity. It makes them feel less alone I think.

SO kind. brew xxx

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 26-Apr-13 08:43:16

Bump. smile

bubblesinthesky Fri 26-Apr-13 09:23:08

Bump. I've given what I can but it seems so little with such a huge target.

I'm so sorry. I hope they get there

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 26-Apr-13 09:28:23

Thank you SO much Bubble...that's so kind...thanks it means so much.

Flobbadobs Fri 26-Apr-13 09:29:58

Can't donate till next week but bumping now x

bubblesinthesky Fri 26-Apr-13 09:32:31

I've linked to this thread on the wear purple for neuroblastoma day. Hope that's alright OP

youmaycallmeSSP Fri 26-Apr-13 09:32:40

Done. Poor little mite sad

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 26-Apr-13 09:37:15

Thank you Flobbadobs...thank you Bubbles that's very kind of you. Thank you YouMayCallMeSSP it's so lovely that people care.

It is a huge amount they've got to find but the efforts of the local community have been massive...and ongoing, I think they're going to do it. When they began the appeal they had a thousand pounds and in a week it has risen to ten thousand or thereabouts....

DangerousMouse Fri 26-Apr-13 10:17:47

Bump

I think the title of this thread should be changed, more people would post if they knew what it is about. Really hope this little girl gets the treatment she needs.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 26-Apr-13 11:12:16

Hi all,

We have moved this over to the Charities noticeboard now.

We wish Amelia May and her family the very best.

Bump!

MNHQ

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 26-Apr-13 12:33:05

Thanks Mumsnet....thanks DangerousMouse...I don't know how to change it though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now