If you have previously recommended this thread, you should see a tick / check mark on the recommend button. Click the tick to undo the recommendation (the tick may appear to change to a cross as you do this.) If you added a comment with your recommendation, you will need to delete that from your facebook wall separately.
About a month ago, I set up TeamMumsnet on the crowdfunding website, Catapult. This arose out of my trip to Kenya this summer, to blog about reproductive rights in Africa for Mumsnet More info here.
Catapult.org is the first global crowdfunding website for women and girls. The idea is very simple. Choose your project, and how much you want to donate. You can link up with some friends and fund raise together, or go it alone ? totally up to you. Launched on International Day of the Girl, Catapult was developed by Women Deliver, and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Many of use were shocked by the BBC1 documentary Four Born Every Minute, and would like to do something to help women in places like Sierra Leone and Cambodia. This is a way of doing just that.
The money goes directly to relatively small projects, that have an immediate and long lasting effect on the women and children.
Here is how it works.
- You sign up with Catapult, either through your FB or Twitter account, or direct.
- Join TeamMumsnet
- Choose a project you want to donate to. You can either get together with some of the others, or go it alone. If we choose one or two projects to focus on, then we have more impact. We can discuss this on this thread.
- Decide how much you want to donate. It can be a small amount, or a large amount. I am going for donating small amounts regularly, but that is totally up to you
- Click DONATE FOR MY TEAM to allocate the donation to TeamMumsnet
- SHARE with friends on Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media networks.
You could also create a team with your family, colleagues, sports club, school etc