Note: This topic is for discussing changing bags. If you want to buy and sell changing bags, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Weekender changing bag - HELP!

(5 Posts)
Joiyuk Wed 14-Nov-12 15:14:28

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-lassig-multizip-mama-bag/1122d2900/type-i/

I have this one. I bought it for a long flight and it certainly did the job! Fit everything in there for me and my 18mo ds, it's hardwearing and stylish too. I use it as a handbag sometimes when I want to carry my iPad around. Highly recommend.

Graciescotland Fri 11-Nov-11 22:31:48

Insert takes nappies (normally half a pack so 16?)/ wipes / half a dozen outfits nappy bags, couple of toys, toothbrush, cutlery, tippy cup and there's still lots of space. TBH I keep the insert upstairs (in nursery) and top up as necessary and pop in change bag as required. Change bag itself I use daily.

Material I'm not sure, it doesn't say on the label, I assume it's Nylon which is man made fibre derived from plastic (I think). Mines is slightly glossy but Kipling are better known for crinkly type nylon. I know they sell Kipling in department stores it might be worth having a look at one to get an idea of the fabric. They do have a reputation for being very durable though.

Alternatively I've found that a small wheeled suitcase, one up from airport carry on size fits under the buggy/ on the travel system. We've got a samsonite that I use for my stuff. Then I clip the kipling bag to the frame of the pram. Might be worth a mooch around John Lewis to see what fits your pram?

Tididdy Fri 11-Nov-11 22:01:09

Thanks Gracie. What's the material - the ad doesn't seem to say? What do you keep in the insert?

Graciescotland Fri 11-Nov-11 21:34:33

I have one similar to this works well for weekend travel. Still looks new after 15 months too. It has a lift out insert which is great for compartmentalizing.

Tididdy Fri 11-Nov-11 21:17:33

Hi All.
Desperately need some recommendations for a changing bag. For my day to day over-the-pram changing bag I've got a very roomy and practical Lin & Leo bag.
However, I'm always travelling between Manchester - London (to see the inlaws and parents) for the weekend and I am carrying a number of separate bags in addition to the Lin & Leo to hold the food, clothes, nappies etc needed for the weekend.
I need a weekend travel changing bag that can hold everything and has separate compartments (one for food/bottles/, one for nappies/change mat/wipes etc, one for baby's clothes for the weekend. And a small compartment for my mobile/purse/makeup/keys).

I would consider any material - leather, canvas etc.
Price wise - I am again flexible - if a cheaper one does the job and looks good , great. I would also pay money for a more harder-wearing, stylish one.

Help desperately needed - I have another trip coming up on the 26th so need to get it sorted before then. Can't be carrying 6 bags to Manchester and spilling stuff all over the place.

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now