Note: This topic is for discussing changing bags. If you want to buy and sell changing bags, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

manly changing bag

(44 Posts)
Miffster Fri 19-Nov-10 10:19:51

I already have a stripey changing bag for me, which I thought was pretty unisex, but DH is scared of it, (as he is scared of any kind of bag that is a 'ladies bag'. If I ask him to hold my handbag for any reason he holds it like it is radioactive).

DC1 (boy) due December.
DH is taking 2 momths off work after birth and is very excited and proud and very keen to be hands on daddy ( I know, make the most of this while it lasts grin). He already loves the fawn and black McLaren XLR, has practised opening and closing it one-handed, and can't wait to push it about the park grin so I am thinking of getting him a manly changing bag for Christmas. Black probably, and under forty quid.

Yes, he can use a rucksack, or his manky laptop bag but he will probably have the baby in a Baby Bjorn type carrier thing some of the time so a bag he can sling on the pram or over his shoulder would be good.I know he would like one with a changing mat and stinky nappy containing bag and what have you so...any suggestions?

Cheers

aendr Sat 20-Nov-10 08:53:41

Miffster: mine came with clips to attach to the buggy and there are loops on the bag to attach to the clips. But I found my overpacking overbalances the buggy unless I also used buggy weights on the front.

aendr Sat 20-Nov-10 08:55:22

Oh, and I liked the fact that JuJuBe bags are machine washable (so many aren't).

Miffster Sat 20-Nov-10 10:33:05

Oh God, aren't they? How incredibly stupid to design bags to contain poo-smothered nappies that aren't washable. confused bear biscuitat swanky bag manufacturers.

Where do you get buggy weights? Motherbearcare?

aendr Sat 20-Nov-10 20:41:54

Um, just google "buggy weights". I got mine from Kiddicare.com but they don't seem to have them right now. Mothercare doesn't seem to be mumsnetters' favourite shop, and I agree except for clothes.

ItsJustMyOpinion Sat 20-Nov-10 20:45:53

We got our changing bag free from the boots parenting club. It is black so DH was never embarrased about using it. It could also hang on the handles of the buggy, or over the shoulder. Tend not to use it now as DD like to take her Pepa Pig bag everywhere with her, or her zingzillas record bag, which I love taking out and about grin

we have one of these - in red. It's really great - lots of pockets (including for phone, pens, etc), bottle section, internal pockets for food, wipes etc. It also has a changing mat, which has proved incredibly useful. It's pretty unisex too, despite the blurb.

we have one of these - in red. It's really great - lots of pockets (including for phone, pens, etc), bottle section, internal pockets for food, wipes etc. It also has a changing mat, which has proved incredibly useful. It's pretty unisex too, despite the blurb.

Miffster Sat 20-Nov-10 22:21:38

Well the upshot was that I got a Skip Hop Duo in black, apparently unused, on ebay for 23 quid.

Hopefully DH will like it.
I can't tell whether it's washable or not, despite googling.

Thank you all very much for all your help ladies.

Blatherskite Sun 21-Nov-10 07:39:13

Wow, that's a bargain.

I can't remember if my Skip Hop is washable or not. tbh, if it got dirty enough to need one, I'd probably stick it in the machine on a handwash cycle anyway because I am lazy It's tough, durable material so I think it would cope. I've put the change mat through the wash and that's always been fine. It is easy to wipe clean too though.

You could spend some of the money you saved filling it for him? A few nappies, wipes, nappy bags and some cream?

Miffster Sun 21-Nov-10 08:03:04

I'm going to put some nappies and bags and wipes in, (already have them for the baby because I've been buying them on offer over the last few months to save money) plus the cute pint/half pint T shirt present from earlier in the thread!

Oh, and the 2 Xbox games he wanted for Christmas, and doesn't realise will probably never get to play wink.

Happy Christmas Mr Miffster and welcome to parenthood!

grin

Blatherskite Sun 21-Nov-10 08:42:52

Sounds like a fab present

Chique26 Sat 25-Aug-12 17:44:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Chique26 Sat 25-Aug-12 17:44:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MsDannyGr33n Sat 18-May-13 15:55:22

you could try the babybeau Kobe it is currently on offer

pypsik Wed 05-Jun-13 12:12:09

Ok. Storksak do amazing baby bags especially for men. Brad Pitt has one.

That is If you are willing to invest.

:-)

Irene (babydino.com)

nevgav Sat 17-Aug-13 10:35:17

SallyTurner Sat 21-Sep-13 23:55:54

Just found the Kobe Messenger on Amazon for £91.27

TeamSouthfields Sun 22-Sep-13 00:03:33

Ur going to get 'him' a manly change bag for 'christmas'

Okey dokey then !!

PaisleyW Sun 09-Feb-14 11:10:41

Have you checked out the oxford? I've got the Whitehall and it's excellent quality www.pitterpac.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now