Green-friendly car with three separate seats in back

(3 Posts)
zelda200 Tue 15-Nov-16 11:29:26

We're expecting DC3 in March (DS will be 9, DD 7), and I would like to find a used green-friendly (hybrid?) car that has three separate seats in back as an adult often has to sit there.

It seems impossible! (I know no cars are really green-friendly, but need one for various reasons). Looking up to c £8k. I've read the other 3-seat threads but they don't mention eco considerations.

This is what I've considered:

Hybrids (Toyota Prius+, Auris estate) - back seats look cramped (ie middle one not separate/ large enough). Volvo V90/ VC90 - can't work out whether these are really hybrids, and prob too expensive anyway

Petrols - Honda FRV - great space (6 seats), Ford Galaxy, Citroen C4 Picasso - not green at all (emissions double Toyota Auris)

My ideal would be the Honda FRV with hybrid engine. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

barleyteddy Wed 11-Jan-17 20:26:55

Hey I'm in similar situation, what did you go for in the end?

zelda200 Thu 12-Jan-17 09:40:10

Hi Barleyteddy,
Congratulations on the impending arrival!
I think we've decided on the Honda FRV on the basis that, while it's not hybrid, its emissions and MPG are much better than our current car. And then in a few years, when second-hand hybrids like the Prius+, Auris and Volvo VC90 get cheaper, move to one of those. The Volvo VC90 has amazing emissions and MPG with its new hybrid engine - but only launched last year, so no second hand ones, and about £60k.
It's amazing that there isn't really a cheap, family friendly, hybrid car out there... if Honda could just make their FRV with a hybrid engine it would be perfect.
I found Autotrader.co.uk really useful - each car listing has its emissions and MPG and other data listed. Brilliant for comparing.
Do let me know what you discover/ go for...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now