Which cars can fit 3 car seats along the back?

(21 Posts)
GreenSpaghetti Sat 29-Oct-16 12:24:46

Just that really. Not especially new ones, estates, mpvs, anything. Not sure what is big enough...

GentlyGentlyOhDear Sat 29-Oct-16 12:28:28

We have a Citroen xsara Picasso and can fit three seats. Two kiddy guardian pro ones and a maxi cosi newborn seat. Have heard mixed reviews about Citroen's but I love mine.

BossWitch Sat 29-Oct-16 12:32:22

VW sharan and ford galaxy are essentially the same cars with different badges and upholstery (or were a few years ago, may be different for newer models) and will fit three seats across the middle row - plus two extra seats at the back / a big boot if you take them out or fold them down.

7to25 Sat 29-Oct-16 12:34:33

Renault Scenic

Inthenick Sat 29-Oct-16 12:35:53

Volvo XC90. Not all seats though, some of the slimmer ones.

Tidypidy Sat 29-Oct-16 12:39:19

We have 3dcs who have needed seats at the same time. We've had a Land Rover discovery, vw touran, ford smax, Renault grand scenic and currently drive a ford Galaxy. The galaxy wins on space and comfort. The Renault was economical. The touran and smax were ok but boring. The disco was a nightmare! Hopes this helps!

jerryfudd Sat 29-Oct-16 12:43:45

Can't recommend a Ford smax enough. Fits 3 seats and has bonus of extra 2 plus boot space. Have a disco sport which also fits them (albeit snugger) but when boot seats up there is no boot space to speak of

GreenSpaghetti Sat 29-Oct-16 21:31:55

Thanks everyone, that's great. Currently eying up a galaxy!

KayJBee Sat 29-Oct-16 21:34:37

We have a Toyota verso. Would have loved an s-max but it was just too pricy. The galaxy is huuuuugge.

Girlwhowearsglasses Sat 29-Oct-16 21:39:29

VW Touran is smaller than Galaxy and fits 3 across the back - proper baby or toddler seats

Diamondsandpears Sat 29-Oct-16 22:24:55

Tidypidy what made the disco a nightmare?

genome Sat 29-Oct-16 22:27:48

C4 Picasso, has three individual seats across the back and they all have isofix. Lots of boot space too.

Fairylea Sat 29-Oct-16 22:30:23

Citroen Berlingo

Alorsmum Sat 29-Oct-16 22:33:33

We went for a ford smax and love it

OutragedofLondon Sat 29-Oct-16 22:35:22

Another S Max devotee here!

WordGetsAround Sat 29-Oct-16 22:37:43

These days the VW Sharan is fundamentally the same as the Seat Alhambra. Ford Galaxy is different.if you don't want a 7 seater the Ford Smax is the way to go - brilliant reviews on space and drive.

WordGetsAround Sat 29-Oct-16 22:38:48

Should say a full-on all adult-sized seven seater!

Elmersnewfriend Sat 29-Oct-16 22:44:09

I have never had a worse car than our Citroen Picasso. It was totally, utterly dreadful. Even if you put aside the awful trim and the bits of plastic that would regularly drop off, it was a terrible ride and awfully uncomfortable.

I guess that yes on the plus side it was cheap and could fit 3 child seats in? And the major plus was that it was a lease car, so went back after 2.5 years.

Seriously if you have any sort of budget, do all you can to avoid a Picasso.

nennyrainbow Sat 29-Oct-16 22:44:17

We have a Honda FRV which is about the same size as a Picasso on the outside, but squeezes an extra seat into the front (6 seats altogether). Works well for us (4 kids). We use 2 car seats and a booster cushion in the back which fits fine. Sometimes it's a bit tricky trying to find where the seatbelt fits in amongst all the seats.

Tidypidy Sun 30-Oct-16 15:29:49

Diamonds the disco was a nightmare because it kept breaking down! I also didn't like the sheer size of it, especially trying to park outside school or at Lidl. It drank fuel and I needed a ladder to reach the back of the boot as I'm quite short! Aside from all that it was great!

AliceMum09 Mon 31-Oct-16 00:47:01

Peugeot 5008 fits any combination of three child seats that you may need. We bought ours when I was pregnant with our third child, the children are now 10, 8 (in two days time) and 4 1/2 so we've had quite a few different seats in it!

The only thing that has gone wrong with the car (it's an 11 plate, so 5 1/2 years old now) is that within the last month one of the daytime running light bulbs has gone. Absolutely nothing else has caused problems at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now