Car that's fits 4 car seats?

(8 Posts)
StressedDepressedWellDressed Sat 29-Oct-16 12:04:31

Help!!! My dp is moving in soon and I will inherit 2 dss as well as my 2 dd's, and all 4 are under 5. I have just realised I will need a car with 4 isofix points and I'll need it quickly!! Anyone know any cars that will fit the bill? Any price

Blue2014 Sat 29-Oct-16 12:07:34

I don't but I did see a car seat that's for 4 children recently online. It's over £1000 though but may be cheaper than a new car!

StressedDepressedWellDressed Sat 29-Oct-16 12:12:28

Blue2014 a car seat for 4??!!shockhmm

Inthenick Sat 29-Oct-16 12:30:50

You don't need 4 Isofix points! I don't use a single one for my lot 3 and under. It might be handy for babies in a 0 stage car seat but why would you need one for anything older, you leave the seat in the car permanently.

Any of the 7 seaters will work fine for the 6 of you. Ours is Volvo XC90 but it's pretty expensive. There's lots of other solid ones from Ford, Citreon etc.

StressedDepressedWellDressed Sat 29-Oct-16 12:38:45

Inthenick I had my heart set on the new xc90 but I found out it only has 2 isofix points, i drive an Audi A5 now so definitely need a bigger one anyway. I am quite safety conscious about isofix, thought you needed them for all child seats? Both mine use isofix?

Blue2014 Sat 29-Oct-16 12:39:22

https://multimac.co.uk/4childd_car_seat

AliceMum09 Mon 31-Oct-16 00:52:42

Same here Inthenick - my car has three sets of isofix points and I have never used them for any of my three children's car seats!

Isofix was only developed as a simpler method of fitting child seats, not a safer one.

If you really feel you must use isofix seats then the new Volkswagen Touran has isofix on the two pop-up boot seats as well as all three seats in the middle row.

AppleMagic Mon 31-Oct-16 01:06:05

ISOFIX has a weight limit of 18kg anyway so once they're at hbb stage it's not providing any additional benefit when the child is in the seat, just useful for holding the booster in place when empty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now