Car to replace old Megane scenic

(4 Posts)
Biscuitsneeded Wed 05-Oct-16 19:17:22

My old Megane Scenic from 2003 is dying. Luckily I am due to come into a bit of money soon so I think I really have to bite the bullet and buy a new car. I'm after something similar, ie can get 3 kids in the back easily, reasonable boot space, driver sits high up with good view of the road. (I drove a courtesy car the other day and couldn't believe how horrible it was sitting down low, and I felt like I couldn't see out!). It needs to be robust and reliable as I drive 80 miles for work three days a week. I have no particular views about brand (don't care what it looks like really) and will be buying second hand. Have no idea what cars even cost nowadays but I'm hoping I can get something for about £4000 max. Any thoughts/suggestions?

J1xxx Sun 09-Oct-16 15:55:57

I've heard good things about the Nissan Qashqai, might be good for you

champersandgin Sun 09-Oct-16 16:04:36

Not a newer scenic. They are shit. I had a Toyota Corolla verso and it was fab. Lovely to drive and very reliable. I had an 07 plate that i bought 3 years ago and it passed every MOT and I didn't need to do anything other than routine maintenance. I only sold it last month because I have moved abroad. Brilliant car.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Sun 09-Oct-16 16:14:31

I was about to say toyota corolla verso too. I bought one a few months ago and I love it, nice to drive, easily fits 3 children in the back and huge boot space with the option of 2 extra seats if needed. Downside is if the extra seats are up there is literally no boot space but if like me you rarely need to use them this isn't a problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now