Help! Which car for us?

(9 Posts)
Misty9 Sat 24-Sep-16 22:15:13

Our Peugeot 308 is coming to the end of its life and we need a new car. We want more space in the back seats (erf carseat and hbb) and a bigger boot. Were sold on the touran but have decided we don't need an mpv and now overwhelmed by the choice out there! Budget is up to £18k potentially and no older than 3yrs if second hand.

Help!

ayeokthen Sat 24-Sep-16 22:18:06

We bought a 15 plate Mondeo this time and I am very impressed! Lots of space in the back, ridiculous boot (DP and I can both get in and lie down, don't know why we tried but we did), lots of lovely toys and extras. Best car we've ever had by a mile. Good fuel economy too.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 24-Sep-16 22:25:00

We have a Toyota Verso. Technically an mpv but feels smaller to drive. Fits 2 erf seats easily.

Misty9 Sun 25-Sep-16 14:37:20

We looked at a verso today and quite liked it but preferred the zafira tourer. Still feeling overwhelmed though...

AmyBecker Tue 27-Sep-16 16:09:45

Would you be looking into getting an estate?

Chippednailvarnishing Tue 27-Sep-16 16:12:36

I found the Zafira far too noisy on the motorway and I had a touran and was distinctly unimpressed with the VW dealers. We now have a C-max grande. I personally wouldn't get another largeish car without it being a 7 seater.

Misty9 Tue 27-Sep-16 22:19:15

I think we need either an estate or mpv. Dh has gone off the zafira as the reviews aren't amazing....but I've added Hyundai i30 tourer estate to our watch list! We go round in circles rather a lot with our decision making...!

Our vw dealership were really good so it may end up being the touran. What was the issue with the dealership? Was the car itself ok?

SansaClegane Tue 27-Sep-16 22:44:19

A nice Volvo estate? The v60 maybe?
Or a crossover like the qashqai or the Mazda CX-5 (I think) looks good.
Solid old golf maybe?
If you look at the mid-size range, the list is endless!

AmyBecker Wed 05-Oct-16 11:49:49

Top ones you should really be looking into are the Skoda Superb Estate or the VW Passat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now