What car to get!?

(9 Posts)
TheMissMarple Tue 20-Sep-16 17:28:45

We need to replace our car and have the following needs. It's the second car, so don't have much money to go on! It needs to have good fuel economy, have a good size boot (big family, always have lots of 'stuff'), be a solid car as most of our driving is on country lanes where size counts. Need to be able to insure it for sensible money as various people will drive it. And we have about £5k (ideally less) to buy it with. Any suggestions? I'd like something a little bigger than a polo size.

Meadows76 Tue 20-Sep-16 17:35:42

Skoda octavia.

228agreenend Tue 20-Sep-16 17:39:16

We have an Astra which I think will fit your bill. It's larger enough to fit two six foot teenage hulks in it, but not massive either. It has a decent boot space also. We bought it as my car mainly, but also as a medium family car if dh car was out of action also.

Not the most exciting of cars though.

takesnoprisoners Tue 20-Sep-16 17:45:42

Honda Jazz?

venys Tue 20-Sep-16 17:51:15

I was also going to say Skoda Octavia . Apparently they use them on tour De France as support vehicles as they can take bikes leaning on them. (According to our insurer).

ineedaholidaynow Tue 20-Sep-16 17:52:55

Skoda yeti

flumpybear Tue 20-Sep-16 17:53:35

Seat Leon?

bruffin Tue 20-Sep-16 17:59:04

Hyundai i30 is a tardis of a car. My dc are 21 and 19 with long legs and have plenty of room

AmyBecker Tue 27-Sep-16 16:16:24

I'd agree with the Octavia, it's great for the money and if you're after space it's one of the top ones for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now