Qashqai written off

(4 Posts)
Mumofminions Thu 11-Aug-16 19:41:49

Two days into our family holiday, 400 miles from home, we were rear-ended by a car, which in turn had been rear-ended by another car. We are all fine, but our lovely Qashqai (which we'd only had for 2 weeks!) is being written off. My question is, does anyone have any experience of negotiating valuations? I am bracing myself for the insurers to offer us way less than we paid for it (only last month). What information am I going to need to get them to give us a reasonable price? Is it enough to quote Autotrader at them, or is there an official price list somewhere that will make it all transparent?

Chippednailvarnishing Thu 11-Aug-16 19:44:20

We had this, they offered a much lower price so we sent them adverts for the same model, same age and mileage. They upped the offer in the end.

Nowthereistwo Thu 11-Aug-16 19:55:22

Surely it's so new you can send them the details of your purchase

Mumofminions Thu 11-Aug-16 22:43:35

Thanks for the responses.

The car was second-hand, bought in a private sale rather than a dealership, so I'm anticipating that they will find some reason to undermine the price we paid. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and they'll turn out to be completely reasonable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now