Dacio Sandero Stepway - anyone have one?

(22 Posts)
ArtyFartyQueen Sat 30-Jul-16 10:50:46

Have been looking at getting a new car, ideally I like the look of the Nissan Qashqai but came across the Stepway and for the same price of a 2nd hand Qashqai we can get a new car! Wondered if anyone has got one/had experience of one?

Thanks!

ArtyFartyQueen Sat 30-Jul-16 20:06:41

Bump - anyone?!

imsorryiasked Sat 30-Jul-16 20:11:23

My dsis & bil both have one. Very happy with them. Daily commutes to work. Packed to the rafters for camping trips.

OrangeRhinoInTraining Sat 30-Jul-16 20:17:08

Watching with interest - the engine size seems quite small so am wondering if they're a bit slow??

ArtyFartyQueen Sat 30-Jul-16 20:20:13

That's great to hear imsorryiasked, planning on checking them out in a couple of weeks. Orange - I'm wondering the same, currently have a 1.4 though, so will be better than that I think!

imsorryiasked Sat 30-Jul-16 20:26:37

They have the 1.0 - is much better than you would imagine. Nothing like a 1.0 car from a few years ago. I would say its the equivalent of your 1.4.

noeuf Sat 30-Jul-16 20:30:24

I keep eyeing up the Duster. They are very basic inside though, the good looks are on the outside .

imsorryiasked Sat 30-Jul-16 20:40:35

Yep definitely no bells and whistles but if you don't mind that they're a bargain.

OrangeRhinoInTraining Sat 30-Jul-16 21:45:11

We have an 07 plate 1.4 OP so we are in the same boat! Interested to hear your experience imsorry. I like the duster but think the boot might be too small for us - we never seem to manage to pack light and have two dogs as well!!

ArtyFartyQueen Sun 31-Jul-16 19:47:03

Planning on going to look at them in a couple of weekends time, I've heard a family member in Spain has one and loves it - so all good so far!

HariboFrenzy Sun 31-Jul-16 19:57:22

Me! I love it! Like the fact it's quite high, and has sat nav and usb port. My best car yet. Although the previous one was a citreon c1 so I may be easily impressed grin

ArtyFartyQueen Sun 31-Jul-16 23:34:37

That's great to hear Haribo. Which model version do you have?

ParsnipSoup Sun 31-Jul-16 23:38:59

My Dad has one that I borrowed for a week after he bought it and I love it. Really regretted not buying one myself and my next car will be one.

He has the 1l engine but it feels much more powerful. Definitely worth a test drive.

ArtyFartyQueen Mon 01-Aug-16 09:01:35

That's great to hear Parsnip - all positive so far! Do you know which model he has?

Balletgirlmum Mon 01-Aug-16 09:05:14

We are sticking with another Quashqai Our current one is almost 9 years old & is so reliable that we are going for the same again.

OrangeRhinoInTraining Mon 01-Aug-16 16:14:04

What's the boot size like Parsnip??

ArtyFartyQueen Sat 20-Aug-16 19:47:48

Hey OrangeRhiniInTraining, just wanted to update you, we went to the Dacia Dealership today and I test drove the Dacia Sandero Stepway and really liked it - the boot space is actually surprisingly big and my kids definitely felt there had lots more room in the back than our car at the moment (a Volkswagen polo) The garage were quite pushy but were offering me a good deal, it was just under 9,000 for the Azurite Blue Laureate (the one with air con, sat nav etc) Think we are going to order one in September which is exciting. Anyway, definitely worth checking out!

Chippednailvarnishing Sat 20-Aug-16 19:49:12

Please check their NCAP rating first OP.

Bee182814 Sat 20-Aug-16 19:55:49

I had one, only got rid of it as DH needed car to meet specific requirements for work....loved it! V economical, good boot size, cheap, built in satnav and phone etc, nice to drive, highly recommend. The only thing I will say is to on shop around for the insurance as I'm sure you do anyway. As its relatively new to UK market my existing insurance company wanted to put my premiums up when I went to change it over as it didn't fit in to a certain category or some crap like that. 10 mins of shopping around and it was sorted though.

onceuponadream2016 Sat 20-Aug-16 20:02:13

I've got a stepway and dh the sandero!!
We love them, very good choice! What colour you thinking ?

Mamabird3 Sat 20-Aug-16 20:12:14

I've got a Sandero ambience prime, granted I've only had it for a week but I love it. So reasonably priced for a brand new car. There are some luxuries that you may miss in it but it's a brand new car for less than £8000. I've got the 1.2 version and it's definitely not slow and I've got room for 3dc in the back and plenty of boot space!

ArtyFartyQueen Sun 21-Aug-16 20:13:11

Thanks all smile I'm planning on getting the Azurite blue one which hopefully I should be able to spot in the car park! Very excited even though I can't actually purchase it for a little while!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now