What do Isofix Fixtures Look/Feel like?

(8 Posts)
KatieC0811 Wed 06-Jul-16 21:08:59

Getting a 2002 Vaxhaull Corsa Comfort (3dr) and want/need to know how to tell if it has Isofix anchor points. Mum said she could feel 1 metal hoop on each of the full sized back seats, but I would think there should be 2 on each seat? Mum said it might be indicating that you fit it to the centre seat (so theres a hoop each side of the middle seat), but this doesn't seem safe/practical/reasonable etc.
Anyone have the same car and have sucessfully used isofix? Or does anyone know if there is a set standard number of fixtures per seat?
It could be possible that she didn't check with great detail (just a quick check whilst signing paperwork), is it possible one anchor is further back that the other?
Thanks!

PolterGoose Wed 06-Jul-16 21:19:03

Sometimes they're quite obvious, often they're tucked in between the seat base and seat back, positioned about where the arrows point in this picture. If you flip the seat base up you'll see more easily.

ShelaghTurner Wed 06-Jul-16 21:22:08

There should be two square metal 'rings' in each of the two outer back seats. So put your hand in between the back cushion and the bottom cushion and you should feel them

KatieC0811 Wed 06-Jul-16 21:53:24

Ahh that makes sense! Will do a more thorough check when I pick it up later next week. Thanks both of you! smile

EleanorofCastile Wed 06-Jul-16 22:05:13

Look up the car model/age on the maxi cosi website, this will tell you which maxi cosi base/seat you can use in the car and therefore if it has isofix. I just had a quick look and it suggests 2002-3 corsa would have Isofix, but double check.

There may be other websites but this is the one that the John Lewis shop assistant used to look up our car - we assumed our 2001 car did not have it as it didn't have the plastic marker/holders, but low and behold the metal loops/clips were there.

KatieC0811 Fri 08-Jul-16 18:13:19

Oh didn't know there was sites that could tell you! Will check that out, thank you!

FatimaLovesBread Fri 08-Jul-16 18:21:54

A relative has a 52 reg corsa and that doesn't have isofix. Think it may be a bit early for them to have them as standard

KatieC0811 Fri 08-Jul-16 20:01:43

Yeah I looked on some sort of car spec website that said the isofix was only an optional feature, so unless the first owner wanted them, it's looking unlikely.. Nevermind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now