Car for 3 DCs and golden retriever???

(4 Posts)
MyThreeChickens Sat 04-Jun-16 22:22:45

I have three kiddos aged 4, 6 and 8 and we are planning on getting a large dog at the end of this year. Currently have a zafira which we use with two seats in the middle row and one in the back (boot). I cant comfortably fit three across the middle row, and ideally want th dog to be in its own space in the boot so would need both seats down.

Suggestions?

Misselthwaite Sun 05-Jun-16 20:39:09

If you want cars that fit three across the backseat then you're looking at mpvs like

Ford smax, Citroen grand c4 Picasso, ford galaxy, Volkswagen Saharan all of these will have nice big boots but also three proper seats in the back which makes fitting all the seats much easier.

You can get cars that do three across the back but would probably need the estate version for the dog. We tried Audi a6, Volkswagen Passat, Vauxhall insignia and all got three across the back but it was a squeeze. Never actually tried it but looking I think a focus may too. It can depend on the car seats you have.

How big is your 8 year old? If they're especially tall and depending on how long you want to keep them in a seat may affect what you'd consider.

RandomMess Sun 05-Jun-16 20:43:51

We are toying between the C4 Picasso - not the Grand as we only need 5 seats, the Renault Scenic, Berlingo, Partner.

I do go a bit round and around in circles tbh...

As soon as you go to 7 seats it gets more pricey.

RandomMess Sun 05-Jun-16 20:49:02

I was very disappointed with the C-max, DH is very tall and there wasn't enough knee room for him in the front!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now